Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At last picked up my Colorado Red 1.6 2wd Diesel Limited with sunshine roof, electric seats, full size tyre.
Have fitted dog guard, rubber mats, rubber boot liner and transcend pro 200 traffic cam.

LOVE
driving position
firm ride
pick up in 6th gear (!)
sound system - crystal clear with enough oomph
My albums running off the usb
Uconnect - have Deezer running fine
Have not had a chance to give it a blast but all around town - still 42mpg so happy

Only weird thing is it has reset to Italian twice ....(?)

SO my friends after months of reading this site I can now say I am a very very happy bunny

·
Registered
953 Posts
The Italian thing is just kinda funny. Maybe in the long run you'll pick up a few words and phrases.

Isn't 42 mpg way more than the Renegade is rated at by the EPA?

Congrats on the purchase. Put up a picture for us when you get the chance.

:D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I fitted the Travall JEEP Renegade (2014 -Current) Vehicle-Specific, Premium-Quality TRAVALL Dog Guard which was quite a fiddly and tight fit, not something I would want to take on and off too often.
Looks good though - got the Travall rubber boot mat as well.

Like others have found the sat nav does not announce speed cameras which sounds like latest software update has changed it adveresly.

The video camera fitted in seconds as the power cable down to the 12v outlet by the gear stick fitted easily down the trim of the windscreen.
Ready for the brake and whiplash claim boys.

Another day gone and love it even more.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have learned so much reading this forum
1) Have turned on the auto handbrake when car switched off - works great. Stop car get out. sorted.
2) Have found and now use the switch above my head to turn the inner alarm off so dogs don't set it off.
3) today got the sounds like common problem of squeaking brakes and slight burning rubber smell - which did go away 50 miles later......
4) Bought and fitted the extra thick rubber car mats from simplycarmats.co.uk - really pleased with them.

Now dark nights are here do need to upgrade lights which are pretty poor for a modern car and remember someone on here putting greater wattage in?

Would love to sit and have a coffee with a fellow owner to compare notes

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
1) Have turned on the auto handbrake when car switched off - works great. Stop car get out. sorted.
2) Have found and now use the switch above my head to turn the inner alarm off so dogs don't set it off.
3) today got the sounds like common problem of squeaking brakes and slight burning rubber smell - which did go away 50 miles later......
4) Bought and fitted the extra thick rubber car mats from simplycarmats.co.uk - really pleased with them.

Now dark nights are here do need to upgrade lights which are pretty poor for a modern car and remember someone on here putting greater wattage in?

Why not come along to the first UK meet? The more the merrier.

·
Registered
105 Posts

With regard to upgraded bulbs, higher wattage bulbs are not road legal & could risk damaging you wiring which won't be covered by your warranty.

I changed mine to Osram Night Breaker Unlimited, much improved light output on both main & dip beam. Used them on my last two previous cars, found best price on Amazon.

·
Registered
607 Posts
The Italian thing is just kinda funny. Maybe in the long run you'll pick up a few words and phrases.

Isn't 42 mpg way more than the Renegade is rated at by the EPA?

Congrats on the purchase. Put up a picture for us when you get the chance.

:D

His is Diesel...which diesels are not rated for MPG in the US and he is also in Europe. 42 MPG for a diesel renegade sounds about right.

·
Registered
29 Posts
With regard to upgraded bulbs, higher wattage bulbs are not road legal & could risk damaging you wiring which won't be covered by your warranty.

I changed mine to Osram Night Breaker Unlimited, much improved light output on both main & dip beam. Used them on my last two previous cars, found best price on Amazon.
I changed mine to Halfords Ultra Brilliance, good upgrade but not sure about the claimed 120% improvement....As Mr. Sunseeker states, do not change the wattage....

With regards to the Osrams Mr. Sunseker do you find them an improvement on dipped beam as well?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I changed mine to Halfords Ultra Brilliance, good upgrade but not sure about the claimed 120% improvement....As Mr. Sunseeker states, do not change the wattage....

With regards to the Osrams Mr. Sunseker do you find them an improvement on dipped beam as well?

Did you have standard spec or the visibility pack before changing the bulbs? I have the visibility pack and have no problems with the lighting in general.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Did you have standard spec or the visibility pack before changing the bulbs? I have the visibility pack and have no problems with the lighting in general.
The standard lighting spec which I found to be poor on unlit Cornish roads, so upgraded the bulbs to the Ultra bright, which I find not much better on dip but marked improvement on main, might try the Osrams if I can determine the improvement on dipped beam.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts

I have used these Halfords lamps for a few years.
They may be 120% of the original brightness but certainly not the claimed 120% improvement.
They also don't last very long.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great thanks - just ordered them and also it gave you the opportunity on Osram Amazon to put in your car make and model (Renegade was on there!!) and it agreed that they were the correct bulbs.
Apart from radio coming on/not coming on automatically when starting up I am 100% happy.

If we pass in the night you will know its me as I have brighter lights :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
The standard lighting spec which I found to be poor on unlit Cornish roads, so upgraded the bulbs to the Ultra bright, which I find not much better on dip but marked improvement on main, might try the Osrams if I can determine the improvement on dipped beam.
Dip beam is much improved, my commute is all country roads so decent lighting is essential. Osrams also have a more whiter light than the standard bulbs.

·
Registered
125 Posts
At last picked up my Colorado Red 1.6 2wd Diesel Limited with sunshine roof, electric seats, full size tyre.
Have fitted dog guard, rubber mats, rubber boot liner and transcend pro 200 traffic cam.

LOVE
driving position
firm ride
pick up in 6th gear (!)
sound system - crystal clear with enough oomph
My albums running off the usb
Uconnect - have Deezer running fine
Have not had a chance to give it a blast but all around town - still 42mpg so happy

Only weird thing is it has reset to Italian twice ....(?)

SO my friends after months of reading this site I can now say I am a very very happy bunny
Congratulations on you new renegade enjoy!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.