Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchase my Renegade TH on 2/8/16. First big snow storm in Denver area since that date (6 to 8 inches, bottom inch ice). I have the stock wranglers and very happy how it performed. On a 1/4 mile stretch steep hill there was about 8 cars stuck. They were sideways, backwards and every other angle. I put the TH in 4WD and on snow mode and drove around all the obstacles without one slip. Very impressed. As good as my FJ with Cooper AT's.

· Registered
35 Posts
Couldn't agree more. I bought my TH 2 weeks ago and was very happy to see it snowing. I drove the family up over Berthoud pass today to do some tubing, no problems. And, just as I started down the north side of the pass I saw a VW AWD something or another stuck in about 2 feet of snow on the side of the road. I pulled up and asked the dude if he had a strap and he look the Rene over for a few seconds and said "do you think you can pull me out?" I laughed and went to work. It was almost effortless to tug him out of the deep hole he had dug his front tires in to. The drive was great, the tubing was fun, but somehow recovering a VW was the highlight of the day. Love my new TH!!

· Registered
1,633 Posts
We had a really big snow storm 7 weeks ago (30 inches total) and I had to get to my mother's house to help her with some things. I was delighted in how the Renegade and the Wrangler tires performed in at least 12 inches of snow on the road.

· Registered
12 Posts
Looks like we get another round tomorrow fellas! I really enjoyed my 1/2 trek from home in Thornton to my office in the westmoor park... That was until my boss called and said they were asking everyone to stay home since westmoor had not plowed at all! Coming from the guy that didn't leave the house if I saw 1 flake 5 years ago to being quite miffed that I didn't have an excuse to HAVE to go in, that's saying a lot :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
14 Posts
That big, heavy, wet icy snow hit the Minneapolis area yesterday. I live just South of the city and we got upwards of 6 inches. They usually don't plow the back roads leading to my house until later on so I had a blast cruising home in the Renegade. I got a little over-aggressive going up a hill and around a sharp turn and managed to spin out about 90 degrees. I panicked for a second because my previous vehicle would have been stuck due to spinning out on a hill, but I popped it into reverse, backed up a few feet, then put it back into drive and had no problem whatsoever getting up the hill.

Driving the Renegade in snow has far exceeded my expectations.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.