Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to fill up Rene for the first time. Found an Easter egg while fueling. Ciao Baby! :)

While fueling I noticed the instructions indicating to wait 10 seconds before taking nozzle out. Can I ask why?

10 extra seconds in -30 Celsius is not going to be fun at the pumps!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have done it both ways. And pulling it partially out and waiting for the ten seconds allows the fuel to exit the hose. When I haven't waited it drips out of the hose. No different then any of my other cars

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
The 10 seconds is recommended for safety. With the capless system, spring loaded flapper valves snap shut when you pull the nozzle out. It's possible, however unlikely, that some fuel could splash out and get on the person filling if you don't wait a moment after fuel shut off. You don't need to wait a full 10 seconds.

Reactions: Girlw2hwhitedogs

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 10 seconds is recommended for safety. With the capless system, spring loaded flapper valves snap shut when you pull the nozzle out. It's possible, however unlikely, that some fuel could splash out and get on the person filling if you don't wait a moment after fuel shut off. You don't need to wait a full 10 seconds.
Makes sense. Thank you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.