Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I experienced my first glitch today on my 5.0 (9-speaker system). Let me preface by saying that I leave my radio on and it's set so the computer "remembers" its last state (on or off).

I get in the car and drive about 10 minutes and park for a little more than an hour. When I get back in the car and start it, the radio displays "Please Enter Anti-Theft Code" (and an OK button). Nothing worked on the radio except pressing the OK button and entering a code. I have no idea what code to enter so I didn't enter any.

Well, that's a new one. :eek: I promise that I didn't steal my radio.

I drive for about 10 minutes in silence and then stop a traffic light. I shut off the car, opened and re-closed the door (to simulate getting out/in), and then pressed the button to turn on the ignition. The radio came on as normal. I then pressed the button again to start the engine and went on my merry way. I stopped to run into a store and when I re-started the car, everything was normal.

Who knows what happened. My car was built in January 2015 and I purchased it in April. No software updates have been done since I purchased the car. It drives beautifully and have no transmission or lock problems. I have 2,300 miles on the car.

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
I Googled "uconnect anti-theft code" and found a couple forums with people talking about it. But in their cases it was after they had disconnected something. One guy did the disconnect negative battery thing that we've heard of here for the door lock problems. And the other guy said it just went away when he restarted the vehicle like yours did. But I haven't found anyone with an explanation for why it happens randomly.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll post here if it ever does this again. And if it happens again, I'll call the dealer and ask them if they ever heard of it.

By the way, there is no mention of "Anti-Theft Code" in the operator's manual (I just searched my pdf copy).

·
Registered
92 Posts
Check your books and manual packet and you will see a card listing your anti theft code. Good to write this code down and put it in inconspicuous place in case you ever need it. Keep this card in a safe place. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'll post here if it ever does this again. And if it happens again, I'll call the dealer and ask them if they ever heard of it.

By the way, there is no mention of "Anti-Theft Code" in the operator's manual (I just searched my pdf copy).
To elaborate, it is a white index type card in multi languages and you will see a highlighted box with 4 digit code in it. This is your radio reset code. John

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't find such a card in my "manuals" pack. I'll look a little more carefully at all my paperwork tomorrow to see if I can find it.

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
I looked through my papers for the heck of it and I found it. At least I'm pretty sure I did. It was in a little white envelope. It gives me the serial number of the radio and a "code number" which I'm guessing is the anti theft code. The card is very plain, easy to overlook.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I looked through my papers for the heck of it and I found it. At least I'm pretty sure I did. It was in a little white envelope. It gives me the serial number of the radio and a "code number" which I'm guessing is the anti theft code. The card is very plain, easy to overlook.
Yes, it is very easy to overlook. A card this important should probably be a easier to locate and not so easy to be thrown away by accident. At least you found it and now you have your radio code if you ever need it. John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.