Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I test drove the Latitude trim 4x4 in solar yellow and I was impressed overall with the test drive. Granted I didn't get to take it out onto the highway, but was able to pull into a business complex and take the speed bumps at a fast speed. The turning radius both left and right were great, no sounds all smooth. The acceleration was ok, but I'm not looking for speed. I felt the engine was peppy enough. The ride IMO was great (I've been driving the same 2002 dodge Dakota 4x4 for 14 years) so I think most vehicles would drive better than this. I also took it into a dirt lot so the salesmen could demonstrate the 4x4 system, took it up and down a curb with little effort and felt nothing. Very impressed with the little "off roading" I did.

I don't like the color so buying the vehicle was not in the cards that day. I am stuck between the 4x4 Latitude and Trailhawk. Does anyone know if they drive differently on the highway? I know the suspensions are different

I really like the style and I'm a 45 year old male. I want to purchase, just waiting for more reviews. As like anyone I'm concert about that nine speed transmission.

-Jeff

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am stuck between the 4x4 Latitude and Trailhawk. Does anyone know if they drive differently on the highway? I know the suspensions are different.

-Jeff
They should feel exactly the same, besides the Trailhawk being 1" higher and 300lbs heavier. However, if you're wanting the automatic (standard on the Trailhawk, but not the Latitude), I'm not sure how much sense it makes to get the Latitude.

I posted a thread about that very subject here: http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/fo...s-buying-2-4-4x4-latitude-make-any-sense.html

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
The Trailhawk has been reported by some reviewers to have a better ride. Part of the lift is from isolator bushings which smooth things out better on the Trailhawk.

Reactions: tageguy and Rebel
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.