Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.worldcarfans.com/114012269138/jeep-entry-level-crossover-spied-wearing-a-production-body

Jeep's entry-level crossover has been spied wearing a production body for the first time.
Caught in Italy, the entry-level crossover is heavily disguised but we can see it will feature a boxy shape that recalls the Nissan Cube. The camouflage makes additional details hard to make out but we can see a protruding front bumper, a seven slot grille and circular fog lights. The prototype also appears to square head- and taillights.
Little else is known about the model but is expected to be based on an extended version of the Fiat 500L platform. This should result in an accommodating cabin that can comfortability seat five people.
Engine options remain unconfirmed but previous reports have indicated there could be a variety of Fiat-sourced engines including a 0.9-liter TwinAir Turbo with 105 HP (74 kW), a 1.4-liter MultiAir Turbo with 160 HP (119 kW) and a 1.6-liter MultiJet II turbodiesel with 105 HP (74 kW).

·
Registered
831 Posts
so mini patriot basically. They better be careful because they keep talking about how they're going to replace patriot/compass with a much more jeep esque product. As of now its smaller and looks identical...

Nice rhetoric

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Not bad at all, it reminds me of a patriot but it's like a Patriot and Chevy SSR merged together. SSR rear to be specific.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
My bad, HHR is it.

BTW anyone notice how big the hood and front end is? Seems like it's big enough they could fit a 6 cylinder engine in their.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I wasn't expecting the Renegade to be quite so boxy. The Cherokee isn't very square, but I guess the Renegade is going more in the direction of the Patriots styling.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Looking at it again, I think it would look epic as an SRT model. It's overall design seems deserving of it.

·
Registered
465 Posts
The new Cherokee is very round. Even the Grand Cherokee is getting a bit rounder.

I expect the Renegade to be the roundest of them all.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
The new Cherokee is very round. Even the Grand Cherokee is getting a bit rounder.

I expect the Renegade to be the roundest of them all.
I expect it to be rounder than jeeps of the past but overall it seems squared.

·
Registered
465 Posts
You can see their attempt at throwing off the lines of the car by adding camouflage that has padding in it.

its hard to tell if the headlights are actually round. the only evidence that might support that is that the liberty had round headlights.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
seeing how Fiat owns Chrysler and Chrysler owns Jeep, do you guys think the Fiat behind the test mule was some other members of the development team following the mule?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts