Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope to be taking delivery of Used 66 Plate Renegade Trailhawk next week (UK) , firsdt task as we have a dog would appear to be making an upper boot floor (rather than pay £150) as the Dog tends not to be too keen on leaping into the unknown ;)
I have found this youtube video to base it on (cant post links yet) which looks straightforward (I think I will buy a single 12mm sheet) and Vehicle carpet to tidy it up

Will top the whole thing off with a rubber Mat with a raised lip (there seem to be plenty available online to fit the renegade)

Its just a shame that these are not supplied as Standard

·
Registered
401 Posts
Before that I'd replace the cabin air filter, air filter and change the oil, no matter what the previous owners says they've done. That way YOU start it's history, not rely on the word of others.

I'd bet you a bucket of beers that the cabin air filter is nasty as all get out. It's a sucky job replacing it so it's easy to put it off 'til "next time".

·
Registered
128 Posts
Before that I'd replace the cabin air filter, air filter and change the oil, no matter what the previous owners says they've done. That way YOU start it's history, not rely on the word of others.

I'd bet you a bucket of beers that the cabin air filter is nasty as all get out. It's a sucky job replacing it so it's easy to put it off 'til "next time".
How hard is the cabin air filter with this vehicle, have you done it yourself?

·
Super Moderator
1,383 Posts
I'm surprise the T-Hawk doesn't have a boot floor.

Try Titan Covers in the UK if you're looking for a full bootliner with integrated bumper protector.

And Ergotech in Italy do headrest mounted dog grills which are pretty nice.

·
Registered
170 Posts
How hard is the cabin air filter with this vehicle, have you done it yourself?
It's not bad, I've done worse. Empty out the glovebox. About 7 bolts/screws, one is hidden behind a trim panel on the side of the dash. Open glove box, 3 screws near where the top of the glove box door closes. Close glove box, three under neath. Remove side trim and remove final screw. Remove complete glovebox assembly. Remove bolt holding cover on filter, remove filter, install new, reassemble glovebox.

Wifeys Fiat 500, it's located under the dash, towards the center of the vehicle. Have to remove the trim panel on the passenger side in front of the center console area. Not a bad job either, just a lack of room.

·
Registered
401 Posts
It's not bad, I've done worse. Empty out the glovebox. About 7 bolts/screws, one is hidden behind a trim panel on the side of the dash. Open glove box, 3 screws near where the top of the glove box door closes. Close glove box, three under neath. Remove side trim and remove final screw. Remove complete glovebox assembly. Remove bolt holding cover on filter, remove filter, install new, reassemble glovebox.

Wifeys Fiat 500, it's located under the dash, towards the center of the vehicle. Have to remove the trim panel on the passenger side in front of the center console area. Not a bad job either, just a lack of room.
Now that's what I call a positive attitude ! :) But you forgot to mention to release the glove box light socket...Replacing the CAF is a lot more difficult than it need be. They could've made a "release" inside the glove box where it would tip all the way down when opened, then replace the filter. Not remove a bunch of parts and screws. Could be a 2 minute process instead of 30.

I bet you're the kinda guy that when in New York and someone asks how to get to California, you say, "It's easy, just start walking west !". :laugh: Just busting on ya....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts