Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Friend of mine and I went exploring last week in the west side of the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. He is building up a 1988 Toyota Van. Here is the video he made of our excursion If you care to check it out.
This was meant to be a scouting trip to see where we could camp and begin testing our vehicles off road.
I am getting a lift on my jeep this week, Teraflex 1.5”, with the goal of slightly larger tires, 225/65/17 BF Goodrich Ko2’s eventually.
E7AA989B-F0F2-4470-AB99-833588DAEBB5.jpeg

·
Registered
251 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I have been known to get a little wobble in the knee at great heights! It is so nice to get out and explore new areas, beautiful country. The more you get comfortable with your Jeep the more fun you can have. I have TH and just got the tires you mentioned and will be testing them off road soon they fit with no lift for me not sure about your model.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for sharing. I have been known to get a little wobble in the knee at great heights! It is so nice to get out and explore new areas, beautiful country. The more you get comfortable with your Jeep the more fun you can have. I have TH and just got the tires you mentioned and will be testing them off road soon they fit with no lift for me not sure about your model.
Nice! I’m not sure if the larger tires would fit on mine without a lift. Either way i hope the lift gives me some room and helps with clearance for “softroading”

·
Super Moderator
4,104 Posts
Nice! Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade Limited AWD 2.4L
714 Posts
Friend of mine and I went exploring last week in the west side of the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. He is building up a 1988 Toyota Van. Here is the video he made of our excursion If you care to check it out.
This was meant to be a scouting trip to see where we could camp and begin testing our vehicles off road.
I am getting a lift on my jeep this week, Teraflex 1.5”, with the goal of slightly larger tires, 225/65/17 BF Goodrich Ko2’s eventually.
View attachment 2396350812
Looked like a fun ride!

·
Registered
2 Posts
View attachment 2396350812
It was a great time and can’t wait to head out again!! I’m excited to see that renegade lift and new tires. Gotta get my diff breathers on and then.... Horse creek trail, perhaps ;).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was a great time and can’t wait to head out again!! I’m excited to see that renegade lift and new tires. Gotta get my diff breathers on and then.... Horse creek trail, perhaps ;).
we did it again! sort of, this time was a soft-roading exploration into the Wolf Laurel Gap area of the Blue Ridge Parkway at the entrance to the Cherokee Reservation. Mile High Camp Ground to be exact.
Scouting to see where we can try our first over night trip, we may have found it.
next time well try that little trail off to the right of the Jeep!!!!! (see second pic)

·
Registered
2 Posts
we did it again! sort of, this time was a soft-roading exploration into the Wolf Laurel Gap area of the Blue Ridge Parkway at the entrance to the Cherokee Reservation. Mile High Camp Ground to be exact.
Scouting to see where we can try our first over night trip, we may have found it.
next time well try that little trail off to the right of the Jeep!!!!! (see second pic)
View attachment 2396351060 View attachment 2396351061
That place is awesome! Conveniently close. Can’t wait for them to open up this year!

·
Registered
251 Posts
So much to explore! Looks like you will have fun trying the trails. It seems like we are traveling a lot more since we got the Ren. We are headed for another road trip very soon for on and off road fun...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts