Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever measured from the back of the front seats to the hatch? All I ever see mentioned is the cargo area in cubic ft. Not very helpful. My wife wants to be able to throw her road bike inside without having to take off the front wheel. I think that would be 5.5 ft.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I put my road bike in the back, but I do take off the front wheel. Most road bikes have quick release wheels unless it's a low quality "K-Mart" type bike.

My bike is a 56 cm and it fits just fine if I tilt the bike to one side. If the seat of her bike isn't too high, it might just fit in standing up (my seat is too high).

My car has the 40-20-40 split seat and I leave the passenger side upright and the bike leans on it. The driver's side (and middle section) lay flat. I secure the bike with two bungee cords. The front wheel is secured on the driver's side with another bungee cord.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a 58 frame and have to take the front wheel off as well as move the passenger seat forward and rotate the front bars 90deg so the fork will fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.