Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone modified their front bumper to achieve a better approach angle? Any suggestions? I was looking to purchase an AVID bumper that took care of this in the process, but I think they are possibly put of business.

I'm thinking about cutting some of the plastic and adding some metal skid plates.

2017 Sport for reference.

Thank you for your time and expertise!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Valkyrie Off-road just put up a front bumper for pre-order. Supposed to ship in 4-5 weeks. A bit expensive but steel is through the roof and it is only 80 or 90 pounds. I can't remember what the rep said when I called. Not only does it get the bumper out of the way but it fits up to a 10,000 lbs. winch, gives you D-ring points, light attachment points, skid plates for the radiator and looks like a lightweight winch bumper off of any other purpose built rig built here in the US with US steel. I pre-ordered one yesterday after talking to an awesome guy from Valkyrie. They had some proto-type photos up the other day. Looks like we finally have a bumper for more than just a TH and it gives more clearance as well. If only someone would develop an A arm that pushed the tire forward a little and RCV built axel shafts we could put bigger tires on!!! Lol.

Give it a look here.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have considered trimming the front bumper many many times. especially after I trimmed my rear bumper. Some things that have hindered me: fog lights, horn behind fender, exposed wires behind driver side, and overall design can be difficult. Please upload some designs or sketches you plan on doing and I will reply with the same

1 - 3 of 3 Posts