Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 Jeep Renegade latitude has always had a flapping noise when accelerating after coasting (usually +30mph), that seemingly comes from the right side of the car behind the glove box. Mechanics cannot figure it out, and said it's normal but I've driven another Renegade that definitely does not have this problem. Anyone else experienced this and have a fix?

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
I have read that the air intake tube has a mount that likes to break and will make a flapping noise as you described.
The inlet tube is in the right front fender, above the fender liner.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
My 2016 Jeep Renegade latitude has always had a flapping noise when accelerating. Anyone else experienced this and have a fix?
Oh Shugs, I really do empathise with you and only recently found the remedy for a totally noise free acceleration. (y)(y)(y)

I don't allow the Wife in the car as she's always flapping when I accelerate :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have fixed that noise that is coming from a lose air filter box. When I get home tonight I will take a pic and post what I did to fix it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is how I fixed it. If you look at the front of the airbox there is a small hole in the metal frame below it that is where I attached one end of the bracket I made. I had to drill a hole in a piece of the plastic housing to attach the other end. I made the bracket adjustable so that way I could put it on and then push down on the airbox to make it tight and then tighten up my bracket. Work like a charm and got rid of the sound. Photo attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have read that the air intake tube has a mount that likes to break and will make a flapping noise as you described.
The inlet tube is in the right front fender, above the fender liner.
Thank you!! The air intake tube was actually split so I just purchased a metal hose clamp to hold it together.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is how I fixed it. If you look at the front of the airbox there is a small hole in the metal frame below it that is where I attached one end of the bracket I made. I had to drill a hole in a piece of the plastic housing to attach the other end. I made the bracket adjustable so that way I could put it on and then push down on the airbox to make it tight and then tighten up my bracket. Work like a charm and got rid of the sound. Photo attached.
Thank you!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts