Jeep Renegade Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
my wife and I just bought a 2016 renegade anniversary edition and it is currently at Hoffman Chrysler for this exact reason .. any help I could get would be appreciated .. they have the car dismantled right now trying to find the issue .. they replaced the engine mount and that was not the cause.

I had this exact same issue. It was the part of the airbox that was not holding together as tightly as it originally did and caused it to make that noise when I decelerated below 40mph and then sped back up. Only made the noise between 40 and 50 mph.

So I am actually a tech at a Jeep dealership and stumbled across this thread while trying to diagnose a similar concern. I ended up finding that the intake tube that goes from the front grille to the air filter box (part 5 in pdf attached) had some broken clips and was rattling around during acceleration. Figured I'd make an account and share what I found and maybe help some of you out.

Customers complaint was a flutter/rattle type noise in the r/f during mild acceleration between about 20-30 mph. Hopefully this might help some of you.

Attachments

I hear a flapping noise (like a baseball card on spokes) coming from the right-hand side of my car. I hear it when I'm accelerating up a hill or if I let the gas off and put it back on. I was told it's "cupped" tires???
I have a 2016 Trailhawk edition and that noise is for sure the plastic air intake leading into the air box. I had the dealer replace it and the sounds went away for a few weeks then came back. I ended wrapping that plastic piece with duck tape and the sound went away. It's unfortunate to have such poorly designed parts in a modern car.

I have a 2016 Trailhawk edition and that noise is for sure the plastic air intake leading into the air box. I had the dealer replace it and the sounds went away for a few weeks then came back. I ended wrapping that plastic piece with duck tape and the sound went away. It's unfortunate to have such poorly designed parts in a modern car.
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

Thanks for sharing, good to hear that you were able to figure it out, and get it fixed.

So I am actually a tech at a Jeep dealership and stumbled across this thread while trying to diagnose a similar concern. I ended up finding that the intake tube that goes from the front grille to the air filter box (part 5 in pdf attached) had some broken clips and was rattling around during acceleration. Figured I'd make an account and share what I found and maybe help some of you out.

Customers complaint was a flutter/rattle type noise in the r/f during mild acceleration between about 20-30 mph. Hopefully this might help some of you.
jeeptech388, Thank you so much for this fix. The noise was driving me crazy. I know I would never have been able to find this issue on my own. I put duct tape on the connection to the air filter box and that resolved it. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.