Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! So recently I noticed that my jeep has been struggling to “stay alive“ seemingly. When I’m sitting parked with the car on, the car will shake a little bit and the sound of the engine will get a little faint as the shaking gets more intense. It seems like an oil issue but it’s not, I keep up with my fluids. The battery has been changed recently also. My main question is… Is there something electronically that could affect all of these components: flickering lights (interior/exterior), window button malfunction on driver side, units keep randomly changing to metric, AC adjusting on its own, Uconnect disconnecting on its own and not wanting to re-pair with my phone after, but will only after the car has been shut off for a while, and again the engine. Its overheating a little but we have already fixed the fan. Does anyone have any idea what the problem/problems might be? Thank you!

·
Registered
2018 Renegade Latitude
174 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

A little more info is needed to be able to help you.
What Year Renegade?
Mileage?
Any work done recently? Other than a battery change, and speaking of battery, how are the terminals and cable connections?

Reactions: Mrsig

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Welcome!

What the guys above wrote... Yes, weird electrical/electronic issues, appearing all at once, are many times the result of poor electrical supply to these computerized vehicles.

Quite often, but not always, it's an old (>3 years) battery.

What kind of battery did you have put in?

·
Super Moderator
3,643 Posts
A battery can be charged and still not be capable of providing sufficient output under load. At idle, the battery is propping up the electrical system. So unless your battery is charged, relatively new and hasn't been run dead multiple times, it cna still be the battery.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
A battery can be charged and still not be capable of providing sufficient output under load.
Very true. But note that OP wrote that
The battery has been changed recently
...not "charged." (I had to double check that.)

I was just wondering what kind of battery was put in. Correct capacity (CCA and Amp-hr); or just whatever AutoZone happened to have on the shelf...

·
Super Moderator
3,643 Posts
Very true. But note that OP wrote that

...not "charged." (I had to double check that.)

I was just wondering what kind of battery was put in. Correct capacity (CCA and Amp-hr); or just whatever AutoZone happened to have on the shelf...
Doh. in that case, definitely check the battery leads and a good negative terminal attachment. Especially if it has the garbage push on terminal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts