Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a floor jack that doesn't go high enough to lift the tires off the ground at the designated jack locations. I looked under the TH and I'm not so sure that I want to lift the TH using what looks like control arms to the wheels? Has anyone done this? For now I will use the jack the TH came with.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have a floor jack that doesn't go high enough to lift the tires off the ground at the designated jack locations. I looked under the TH and I'm not so sure that I want to lift the TH using what looks like control arms to the wheels? Has anyone done this? For now I will use the jack the TH came with.
I'm still using the "SUV" floor jack I bought years ago from Home Depot.

I can't find a picture of my exact model, but it kinda' looks like this:

SUV Floor Jack

Maybe something like this would help?

2 Ton Cross Beam Floor Jack Adapter holds 4000 Lbs Extends 28" to 40"

Or something like this?

Champ Floor Jack Height Extender

Those are kinda scary-looking though.

For the cost of the cross-beam you might be able to find a reasonably priced "SUV" jack though...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Place a block or blocks of wood between the jack pad and lift point to get more lift from your jack. ;)
Be safe and use a jack stand. Do not work under vehicle while it is being supported by the jack.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Place a block or blocks of wood between the jack pad and lift point to get more lift from your jack. ;)
Be safe and use a jack stand. Do not work under vehicle while it is being supported by the jack.
Pick your piece of wood carefully. Many can split or crush under compression.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Don't lift the vehicle on suspension components, transmission or engine, or you may cause damage. Only lift at the indicated areas. Get a proper pinch weld adaptor for your floor jack, or you risk flattening the pinch welds.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't lift the vehicle on suspension components, transmission or engine, or you may cause damage. Only lift at the indicated areas. Get a proper pinch weld adaptor for your floor jack, or you risk flattening the pinch welds.
Sounds like good advice.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I decided to remove the full size spare tire so I could get the jack that came with the car. It wasn't all that bad, I used my portable drill to spin up the jack. All you red tow hook lovers and haters can weigh in on what I did.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.