Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a lot about Renegade easter eggs but I believe I discovered a new one or at least one that not many people have mentioned. I have a 2016 TH with the all-weather floor mats. Today while washing the beast my wife noticed some lines on the under side of the floor mats. On further inspection I realized that it's a large topo puzzle with GPS coordinates. Has anyone seen this? If you fit all 4 mats together it's a map of what I believe to be an area near Moab. The GPS coordinates are109°29.000'W 38° 35.000'N. I have no idea if this is TH specific but I can't find anything when searching this site or Google.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've read a lot about Renegade easter eggs but I believe I discovered a new one or at least one that not many people have mentioned. I have a 2016 TH with the all-weather floor mats. Today while washing the beast my wife noticed some lines on the under side of the floor mats. On further inspection I realized that it's a large topo puzzle with GPS coordinates. Has anyone seen this? If you fit all 4 mats together it's a map of what I believe to be an area near Moab. The GPS coordinates are109°29.000'W 38° 35.000'N. I have no idea if this is TH specific but I can't find anything when searching this site or Google.
Are these the rubber molded floor mats? I have them as well. Can you do me a favor? Can you or anyone else that has them look at the drivers side and see if the pattern is not as prominent under where your heel would rest while driving? I went to the desert this weekend and was vacuuming some sand and dirt out and noticed the the pattern was a lot smoother under that portion. I only have like 1700 miles on my new TH and cant imagine that they would wear down that quickly. I am hoping this is by design, perhaps to not get your foot hung up on the ridges when driving. If its just cheap rubber wearing out quickly, that would be kind of disappointing.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
. . .Can you or anyone else that has them look at the drivers side and see if the pattern is not as prominent under where your heel would rest while driving? . . . I am hoping this is by design . . .
Yes, mine is the same way. I noticed this when I bought them.

Reactions: SemperFi

·
Registered
603 Posts
Are you referring to the splash-shaped flattened area like in the picture below?

If so, the smoother area is designed to make it easier for your foot to move between the pedals. The recesses in rubber floor mats can catch your heel as you try and move your feet, which is annoying and can be dangerous.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.