Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Jeep Renegade - bought in 2017 used. After 4 months the acceleration stopped. I had it towed to the Jeep dealer, who diagnosed a bad flywheel. I spent $3,800 to have the problem fixed. Now, 2 years later, I lost acceleration again. Had it towed to the Jeep dealer (same one), and they have diagnosed the exact same problem with the same cost to fix....another $3,800!! Is this normal for the Renegade? if so, I sure can't afford to own one......22000 miles between one replacement to the next is more than ridiculous!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking of taking it to a transmission shop instead of the dealership. They've taken 3 days just to get me a diagnosis.....the car rental fees are adding up

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I wrote my reply wrong, not sure what I was thinking. There are threads here about the Renegade having a weak clutch. You will probably get a better price at a transmission shop. I had a Ford Focus that needed a new clutch after only 700 miles. It turned out to be an oil leak in the transmission that caused the problem. The oil caused the flywheel to slip wearing it out prematurely.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I tried looking for threads on the flywheel and clutch, but my search words must have been off. since this dealer already has the car torn apart, I will have them fix it, but then I think I'll take it elsewhere to see if there is an underlying issue.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Thanks for the info. I tried looking for threads on the flywheel and clutch, but my search words must have been off. since this dealer already has the car torn apart, I will have them fix it, but then I think I'll take it elsewhere to see if there is an underlying issue.
Hello clsxplor,
We are sorry to hear about your ongoing troubles. Please be sure to keep us updated on your dealer appointment. If we can be of any additional assistance, we’d be happy to help.
Laura
JeepCares

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As of today the dealer has had my Jeep 10 days. It was towed to their shop on Feb.15. I gave them the authorization to go ahead and fix it on Feb. 18, and they told me they had to order the flywheel from California (I live in Washington). Car was supposed to be done today. I called to see if it was ready and was told the flywheel won't be in until tomorrow......more days of car rental......Agghhhh!! Never again will I trust a Jeep dealer to work on my vehicle.....

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
As of today the dealer has had my Jeep 10 days. It was towed to their shop on Feb.15. I gave them the authorization to go ahead and fix it on Feb. 18, and they told me they had to order the flywheel from California (I live in Washington). Car was supposed to be done today. I called to see if it was ready and was told the flywheel won't be in until tomorrow......more days of car rental......Agghhhh!! Never again will I trust a Jeep dealer to work on my vehicle.....
Hello clsxplor,
We are sorry to hear your sentiments expressed here and understand your frustration associated with your situation. Please know our team is always here to provide any additional assistance if needed in the future.
Laura
JeepCares

1 - 8 of 8 Posts