Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Renegade Latitude 2.4L 4x4
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice to meet everyone. My main issue is that for about a year now, my fob works on and off. I have to lock it manual and use the key in the fob to manual unlock the vehicle. It doesn't do it's remote features anymore and I have to depress the start button with the fob for it to start. I have replaced the battery multiple times and it never fixed it. Does someone know what to do or what have ya'll done? TIA

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Just this past Friday when I was leaving work, I hit the unlock on my fob. I remembered I left something behind, hit lock.....nothing. Hitting lock/unlock several times....nothing. I get in, the dash tells me to use the key fob to start. I do, it starts. I drive directly to get a new CR2032. As I get out, I hit lock, out of habit. It locks. I get a new battery, step outside, hit unlock, it unlocks. I get in, press the button, it starts. When I got home I replaced the fob battery anyways.

In my 2009 smart cabriolet, when the fob battery was getting weak, when locking or unlocking, the tail lights would flash 4 times instead of once, a pre-warning. Jeep instead plays the "Tee-hee !! Dead key fob !!" game without letting you know in advance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts