Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Trailhawk
16 Posts
2016 TH with 40k on it. Father-in-law was saying the lights seem dimmer (or it's his eyes). Neighbor told him one was burnt out and he needs to go for inspection. Some places actually fail you for "non working" factory fog lights, so I picked up some bulbs on the way home to change them both. I turned them on to see which one is out and both work, I think neighbor saw the turn on one side cornering light.

In any event while looking I saw they were looking a bit dim. Rusted reflectors don't make for very good light output. No big puddles, never off-roaded it, never beached it, normal roads and road conditions in NY only. One link showed new factory replacements at about $85 each plus shipping.

@JeepCares is this something that should be covered under the extended Mopar coverage bought through recommended dealer here at RenegadeForum?

I've never had that from multiple different car manufacturers or my Hella's, Cibie, Diode Dynamics, PIAA or Morimoto's. Even the cheaper Blazer and Optilux never had that and saw MUCH more water puddles, dirt etc. on my cars than what he drives.

He has the pictures to show service manager when he goes to Jeep tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Trailhawk
16 Posts
Dealer says it's NOT covered with Max Care. Same story of if you want to replace, $120 each plus labor etc AND he says it will happen again. They say it happens to all the Renegades with that style light and some the entire bulb melts out harness. Funny I don't find many posts on that.

How the F is that not covered under warranty? Melting housings, bulbs melting out? I have NEVER had that happen on any of my cars in over 40 years unless I was running higher wattage bulbs. The Jeep ones are bone stock.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts