Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an install guide for the fog lights, DRLs, and turn signals. Make sure to wear rubber gloves to prevent and oils transfering from your hands to the bulbs causing premature burn outs.

1. Depending on what side you are working on you are going to want to expose the access panel in the wheel well. if you are working on the right side, turn the wheel all the way to the left and you should see the access panel like in the below picture.
Black Games Indoor games and sports Recreation Black-and-white

2. Next you want to remove this panel. Sometime the screw plugs are a bit finiky. I use a pair of needle nose pliers to grab the back of the post to prevent it from spinning and unscrew the screws.
Hand Finger Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part

3. After removing the screws you should now have and expose panel with access to all of the lower bulbs.
Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Automotive wheel system Automotive tire

4. I want to believe Jeep put this in there to make bulb changing easier but who knows... there is a slot you can look in while you replace the bulbs.
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Fender Wheel

5. Looking through the hole, you should see the following...
Font Machine Graphic design Illustration Space

6. You can apply this to replacing any of these bulbs. Just turn the bulbs counter-clockwise and they should pop right out.
Auto part Tire Brake Automotive wheel system Automotive tire

7. Push the tab on the bottom, and separate the plug from the bulb. Store the bulb just in case you need it at a later date.

8. Clip in the new bulb and reverse the install the procedure.

9. Enjoy your new bulbs! :D
Text Product Font Screenshot Line

· Registered
715 Posts
great write up! Do you know what the DRL bulb types are? I know the Fogs are H11 for instance...
I screenshotted this a while ago for future reference.. Not sure who actually posted it, sorry no props ?, but it covers all bulbs pretty much.

Attachments

· Registered
7 Posts
I did LED DRLs.
Before and after

Attachments

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

· Registered
7 Posts
It was really easy. I removed 2 screws in the wheel well, pulled back the plastic inner fender, and the sockets were right there. Turn signal and fog light access were right there, too.
The passenger side is reversed thread, as in its righty loosey, lefty tighty for the DRL socket.

· Registered
7 Posts
@Moeszyslak, thanks for the link and pic. How long have you had the new LEDs installed? Any way you could post a pic with both in?
Thanks again,
2 weeks now.
No warning lights .
I'll get a picture soon.

· Registered
39 Posts
I have tried both bulb models that iJDMTOY offers for the Renegade, and within 90 days of both, the passenger side started flickering and blinking. Once this problem started, it followed the bulb, but it was interesting to me that it started on the passenger side both times. I would be interested in any other LED DRLs that people have used that have gone 90+ days without any issues. I really liked the look of the iJDMTOY ones, and received no warnings, but the flickering is crazy annoying once it starts.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.