Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Last spring I installed a Vanguard bull bar on my 2019 Latitude and a month later put some Hella 500 fog lights on it. I can't seem to get the bull bar to stop jiggling the lights. I'm thinking that I should loosen the bull bar and back it up until it touches the plastic air dam to stop the vibration. Would having the bull bar welded in place be a better idea? I'm kind of scared to tighten the U bolts too much but I thought maybe I could get better ones like for an exhaust system. Thoughts?
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window

·
Registered
91 Posts
That bull bar looks stout, the mounting is probably just as beefy? I'll bet the vibrations are due to the mounting bracket of the light itself. Some type of pivoting bracket? On a side-note, my factory HID lights vibrate on harsh bumps, almost like the HID elements themselves are on some sort of spring suspension inside the housings. Maybe same for the hella's?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the bull bar loose, or is there just that much vibration? If the vehicle is vibrating, tightening the bull bar attachment isn't going to fix anything.
It's the vibration in the bull bar. Admittedly, I could try to tighten it further. I've been hesitant because I'm worried about over stressing the U bolts. That's why I was thinking about replacing the ones that came with the bull bar with stronger ones.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That bull bar looks stout, the mounting is probably just as beefy? I'll bet the vibrations are due to the mounting bracket of the light itself. Some type of pivoting bracket? On a side-note, my factory HID lights vibrate on harsh bumps, almost like the HID elements themselves are on some sort of spring suspension inside the housings. Maybe same for the hella's?
No springs. It just seems to be flex in the metal somewhere. I was thinking the U bolts mounting the bull bar hence the question of stronger bolts vs. welding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts