Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just a word of caution for people looking to get a jack other then the Mopar jack when trying to get a alternative jack for cheaper for changing tire. The Mopar jack has a notch cut out on it that goes into the lifting point on the Renegade. Using something other then the Mopar jack IMO runs the risk of damaging the lifting point or sliding off jack. Granted whenever using a scissor jack there is that risk. I would make sure a alternative jack has this notch out at lifting point.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
235/55/R18 spares are very hard to find. Can't believe Jeep of all cars do not come with a full size spare. This brand new spare is available in Colorado if anyone is interested.
I am in Colorado and just purchased a 2020 Renegade! How much would this be?

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
I paid something like £30 for a spare wheel, full size wheel and tyre from my local scrapyard.

Great job Petmar if you get the tyre. It will certainly be easier as you are both in the same State. (y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Of note for folks looking at this; you can order a single tire in your size installed on a steel wheel right from Tire Rack. If you can't find a Jeep wheel or don't want to hunt one down.
(y)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picked up a full size rim and tire. Fits perfect
Hi - after blowing through my sidewall this weekend, I want a full size tire but don’t want to lose the flush floorboard. I see the drop floor doesn’t fit, but does the topmost floorboard sit on top of the spare? Thanks so much!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Welcome to the forum. A full size spare will fit fine, if you have a styrofoam insert in the spare tire well you will need to remove it. Check out this thread. Also you can search the forum and find a lot of info on spare tires. Good luck.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I always get a chuckle when someone says "get a cheap jack, it's for your spare, so you'll rarely use it". I don't buy the best jacks, but I don't get the cheapest, either. The way I look at it is; I'm about to pull a tire off and replace it. If that cheap jack fails or tips over, how much more will you have to spend for a recovery service to help you out with a "real" jack ? And hopefully you won't have to ask the recovery driver to "help find my fingers".

·
Super Moderator
4,159 Posts
Hi - after blowing through my sidewall this weekend, I want a full size tire but don’t want to lose the flush floorboard. I see the drop floor doesn’t fit, but does the topmost floorboard sit on top of the spare? Thanks so much!

and enjoy the forum!
I was able to get the full size tire Kumo ATs 235 65 17 to fit in the tub.

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
Mr Sig, It amazes me that some forum members are of the belief that a full size wheel won't fit in the boot. I too have my set-up similar to you. Waterproofs etc are all spread around the wheel and all I (we) lose is about 1 1/2" of boot height.

Gladly will I sacrifice a little loss in boot height for the sake of a spare wheel (y)(y)(y)

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
Great find there 808 and it reinforces what the members have said all along in that a scrap yard/junk yard (scrappie) is a viable option for a full sized wheel. (y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
1 Posts
guys, i just bought my 2021 jeep renegade jeepster, where do i buy for a spare tire. Do i need to go to a local tireshop or mopar or amazon for a tire kit?
im based in St.louis Missouri

21 - 37 of 37 Posts