Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to calculate a lease payment if I were to go that route. Is the Residual value % fixed per model? I'd be grateful for what this # is on the Renegades.

Also, if there's a fixed rate to go from 12k miles a year to 15k for 36 months.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Trying to calculate a lease payment if I were to go that route. Is the Residual value % fixed per model? I'd be grateful for what this # is on the Renegades.

Residual value % is definitely a per model thing. Not sure if anyone here has actually leased one yet. You could try calling up your dealership or your bank and see if they'll look up the residual value and money factor for the '15 Renegade. They should be pretty forthcoming with that info.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Leased Trailhawk

I leased a trailhawk with the overall purchase price of 27K (minus dealer incentive of 1K). I put 2K down at signing and the residual value after 3 years is $15,900. However, that is with 10K miles per year. Not sure if that helps or not.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I leased a trailhawk with the overall purchase price of 27K (minus dealer incentive of 1K). I put 2K down at signing and the residual value after 3 years is $15,900. However, that is with 10K miles per year. Not sure if that helps or not.
The residual is usually defined in terms of % of the MSRP - do you know what the MSRP (sticker price including destination charge) was for your Renegade?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Your best bet would be to contact your local dealer, ask them for a quote for the mileage and term, along with what money down on it. It's **** near impossible to figure it out on your own since it takes us a while to read and figure out Chrysler's lease programs.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Gents excuse me for beating a dead horse, but I am really trying to do my homework before I get to a dealership and start negotiating a lease deal on a Renegade Trailhawk. I have a local dealer commiting to a $26,500 out the door price for a Anvil TH with MSRP of $27,140. Now I also qualify for two Jeep incentives, $1000 lease conquest, and $1000 Jeep loyalty bonus. Plus I am hoping to get no less than $5000 trade in value for the Patriot I currently own. Am I dreaming to think my lease payment would be at $200/mo or lower? Any insight would be much appreciated, no matter how upsetting. I'd rather have someone break my heart now and get it over with so I can fore go the back and forth at the dealership.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Not a gent but I'll comment haha.
I kept trying to get mine lower. After acting like we were gonna walk the best he could do was 319/mo. After first coming at us with 400-something!
I didn't have any incentives or a trade in. Still wish I could have gotten a lower payment than that by negotiating the sticker price down more but it was my first time getting a brand new car and I didn't have any tricks up my sleeve.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I kept trying to get mine lower. After acting like we were gonna walk the best he could do was 319/mo. After first coming at us with 400-something!
I didn't have any incentives or a trade in. Still wish I could have gotten a lower payment than that by negotiating the sticker price down more but it was my first time getting a brand new car and I didn't have any tricks up my sleeve.
WOW... $400 something!! Are you sure they weren't trying to lease you a Grand Cherokee SRT!!! Holy eff!!! With no incentives or trade $319 really isn't too bad. Thanks for the response!!! Generally anything that equals $135 or less per $10,000 is a good lease deal ($27,000/$10,000=2.7, 319/2.7=$118per 10,000 worth of vehicle.

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Yeah it was not a fun time. Then not to mention the waiting on the finance manager with the paperwork. I thought I would have to end up spending the night!

Good luck to you when you do your wheeling and dealing! When do you think you're going in?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I lease, it will be this month.

Can you provide some of the number details for your lease without giving out anything personal? IE, Residual, money factor, depriciation.

I'd love to figure this stuff out before reaching out to them, even if it's a ballpark figure.

Yeah it was not a fun time. Then not to mention the waiting on the finance manager with the paperwork. I thought I would have to end up spending the night!

Good luck to you when you do your wheeling and dealing! When do you think you're going in?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sticker on mine was about $28k, negotiated to about $27k, down payment of $2,500 and trade in that netted $1,500. 3 years, 12k miles, residual of $14,800....with a "purchase fee" of $350 I didn't notice until looking at the paperwork right now!

·
Registered
66 Posts
My first lease quote on a $27,795 was $475 with a $1500 trade in and no downpayment. With $2500 down it was $375. Negotiated that down to $319...that must be their magic number! No incentives me for me either trading in a Jetta that I had purchased and not leased :(

Live in NY so the lease had about $1200 in state sales tax in there too.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just for reference, my current vehicle is a BMW X1 with a MSRP of 37k, and I leased for no money down (except for title, tags and taxes) and $375/month for 36 months/10k miles per year.

A car that is $10k less should be significantly less.

·
Registered
100 Posts

Sticker on my TH was 28,985. I got it down to 26, 200 with friends and family discount and 500 jeep incentive. I put 2600 down, and final lease payment is 315, for 15 k a year. The residual was 15,700, approximately. 39 month lease.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just for reference, my current vehicle is a BMW X1 with a MSRP of 37k, and I leased for no money down (except for title, tags and taxes) and $375/month for 36 months/10k miles per year.

A car that is $10k less should be significantly less.
Couple things. One, 10k/year is a very low-mileage lease, which greatly affects the monthly payment. Two, BMWs lease well because of high residuals and high factory subsidies (the overwhelming majority of BMWs are leased). Three, low money factors. Point being, kind of apples to oranges; i.e., lease payment is only partly-affected by actual vehicle selling price. Renegade lease payments in the $300-$450 range (depending on model and equipment) don't surprise me at all.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Couple things. One, 10k/year is a very low-mileage lease, which greatly affects the monthly payment. Two, BMWs lease well because of high residuals and high factory subsidies (the overwhelming majority of BMWs are leased). Three, low money factors. Point being, kind of apples to oranges; i.e., lease payment is only partly-affected by actual vehicle selling price. Renegade lease payments in the $300-$450 range (depending on model and equipment) don't surprise me at all.
Hardly seems worth it. You can get a well equipped Grand Cherokee with an MSRP well over $40k in the upper end of your range.

What you are basically telling me is if you plan to lease, the Renegade is NOT a good vehicle choice.

Just a FYI, but when I was shopping for my X1, I also looked at the Subaru XV Crosstrek, and I was quoted no money down, $315/month for the same term and mileage, and that was for a fully loaded Crosstrek Limited with all available options, MSRP around $27k. A fully loaded Jeep Patriot with an MSRP around $28k was around $330/month as well.

Perhaps it's just too early and there are no incentives yet on the Renegade. I suggest waiting a few months. Every other Jeep in the lineup has lease incentives, even the Wrangler. There will be Renegade incentives too once they catch up on demand and some start to sit on dealer lots.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hardly seems worth it. You can get a well equipped Grand Cherokee with an MSRP well over $40k in the upper end of your range.

What you are basically telling me is if you plan to lease, the Renegade is NOT a good vehicle choice.

Just a FYI, but when I was shopping for my X1, I also looked at the Subaru XV Crosstrek, and I was quoted no money down, $315/month for the same term and mileage, and that was for a fully loaded Crosstrek Limited with all available options, MSRP around $27k. A fully loaded Jeep Patriot with an MSRP around $28k was around $330/month as well.

Perhaps it's just too early and there are no incentives yet on the Renegade. I suggest waiting a few months. Every other Jeep in the lineup has lease incentives, even the Wrangler. There will be Renegade incentives too once they catch up on demand and some start to sit on dealer lots.
"Worth it" depends on each buyer. I don't care how much a Grand Cherokee leases for, we don't want it; it's much too big for our liking. The only possible considering we have is that lease rates on the GC diesel are pretty attractive... Anyway, you make a valid observation. That is, the Renegade doesn't seem to be that attractive right now as a leased vehicle. I'd venture to say, however, that given time (6 months, a year??) the Renegade lease rates will come down a bunch as factory incentives start adding up like they do on other FCA products.

BTW, we were quoted something not too far off on the high-end Renegade lease payments I've seen for a loaded GLA250 4MATIC (MSRP around $47k)!

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
"Worth it" depends on each buyer. I don't care how much a Grand Cherokee leases for, we don't want it
Exactly. Everyone is going to be different. I didn't crunch the numbers and check in with every other similar vehicle on the market because I knew I definitely wanted the Renegade.
And yes probably if I waited even longer than the rates would have eventually came down. But I didn't want to wait and I had been driving the same vehicle for 14 years. It was a "treat yo self" moment for me. So to me it was worth it because I wanted THIS vehicle, and the payments weren't too bad.

If I'm someone who didn't care one way or another about the Renegades and just wanted to research the best valued vehicle for the money then I'm guessing by what everyone else is posting that it wouldn't be the Renegade at this time lol.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.