Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Renegade Trailhawk
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took delivery of mine, used. I have the big bag that the roof panels store in and go into your trunk but inside that bag was another bag with foam cutouts. However, there is nothing IN mine. Does anyone know what went into that bag?

I made the mistake of not opening the MySky roof panel bag and looking in there when I took delivery so didn't notice until the summer weather rolled around here in NY that I am missing stuff.

·
Super Moderator
2,266 Posts
Picture?

Mine had two lengths of polystyrene to separate the two roof panels. And the clip-on wind deflector, but that apparently did not come as standard in North America.

·
Registered
2017 Renegade Trailhawk
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking at the cutouts closely, I'm thinking this was used to store my jack and lug nut removal tools. I hope this is not the case.

Automotive tire Grey Automotive exterior Wood Bumper
Bag Auto part Carbon Handgun holster Personal protective equipment

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit lol
Why? I'm surmising you've got the smaller bag with the cut-out foam pieces, but no jack or tools?

Did your Renegade even come with a spare tire of any kind? Or just the Tire Service Kit? Because if no spare tire, maybe Jeep figured there was no need for a jack...?

By the way, in current Trailhawks (with full-size spare tire), the jack and basic tools are in a foam tray next to the spare tire:
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Motor vehicle

So no separate bag, which I wish I had...

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Renegade Trailhawk
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To be honest, I haven't even looked at my spare tire - to see if I even have one. Now I'm nervous. lol

I'll check tomorrow.

·
Registered
2017 Renegade Trailhawk
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I checked my spare tire well. The full size spare is in there (thankfully) as well as the Jack which seems to be Velcro in there. There is nothing else though, no wrench or any other tools.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
So I checked my spare tire well. The full size spare is in there (thankfully) as well as the Jack which seems to be Velcro in there. There is nothing else though, no wrench or any other tools.
How is the jack velcro-ed in? Photo...?

The basic tools that were included with my 2021 Trailhawk were the lug wrench -- folding to save space; one folding wheel chock; the funnel that you use to get past the fuel filler neck when using a fuel can; a reversible screwdriver; and, for some reason, what looks like the emergency MySky hex key -- though I've got the Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof.

Looks like the jack is operated with the lug wrench; it's got a hex fitting on the end.

Wonder why you got an empty tool bag...

·
Registered
2017 Renegade Trailhawk
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wonder why as well. lol

The jack is next to the full size spare secured with a velcro loom wrap (for lack of a better word?) Not sure why the jack is in there AND I got that little tool bag that was empty. I just took a quick peek in there today when I was out and remembered to do so. I was just happy that the spare was there, and I saw the jack. The other stuff you mentioned I did not readily see. I'm going to remove the spare and flip it over to put in that "spare tire subwoofer" I bought so I'll poke around a bit more in there to see if anything else is hidden.

·
Super Moderator
2,266 Posts
I added the skinny spare/jack and tools on mine through a dealer purchase.

The jack/tools came in a fabric bag with a velcro seal and a " ↑THIS SIDE UP" pseudo military easter egg logo on the side.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Why? I'm surmising you've got the smaller bag with the cut-out foam pieces, but no jack or tools?

Did your Renegade even come with a spare tire of any kind? Or just the Tire Service Kit? Because if no spare tire, maybe Jeep figured there was no need for a jack...?

By the way, in current Trailhawks (with full-size spare tire), the jack and basic tools are in a foam tray next to the spare tire:

So no separate bag, which I wish I had...
Just curious, do you have the storage tray on the other side too?
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Digital camera Camera lens Point-and-shoot camera

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Just curious, do you have the storage tray on the other side too?
View attachment 2396354127
Yes, my 2021 Trailhawk originally came with that grey styrofoam tray on the left side, too. I removed that tray in order to have more room for storage of emergency equipment like a tool bag, warning triangle, and extendable lug wrench.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread

By the way, the spare tire is flipped over with a shorter bolt, to make more room inside of it for offroad recovery straps, tire inflator, and stuff like that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts