Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually meant to sign up here a few days ago but got side tracked, now I'm making my first post on a very disappointing note.

In the Detroit area, traded in my 2016 Focus for the Renegade 4x4 Lattitude after seeing how poorly the Focus was in the snow a few weeks back I knew I wanted a 4x4 and the Renegade checked off everything I was looking for so I pulled the trigger on one.

Picked it up December 26th, 2017 and put 500 miles on it til it got wrecked this morning, I miss it dearly already. Once everything is settled with Insurance I will definitely be buying another new one.

Leaving work for the night (12:30 am est) heading home, going through an intersection (my light was green) when somebody wasn't paying attention and blew through a red at 45 mph and drilled me in the drivers side and sent me on my roof. Cops showed up quickly, had to cut off my belts as they would release and walked out of the Renegade with nothing more than some minor cuts on my hand and knee from crawling out of it. No other injuries than the cuts. I give it 6 out of 5 stars on safety and will definitely buy another as soon as I'm able.

I just don't understand how the driver that hit me couldn't see a blindingly green renegade lol.

RIP buddy,
12/26/17-1/2/18
536 Miles on the odo.

Attachments

·
Registered
476 Posts
Wow. That is extremely sad! I hope you can find another hypergreen to replace it! I was in a similar accident that totaled a car I loved. People just don't pay attention. It's incredible that it happened even to your crazy bright Jeep.

·
Super Moderator
1,383 Posts
Man that is a **** way to end/start the year.
Shocking driving from the accident instigator.

At least the modern design of the Renegade and all its airbaggery
meant you could walk away.

Good luck in your search for a replacement.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hate to say this but your in a position to get something different that will not have as many issues as the Renegade seems to do.. Look into a Subaru Crosstek or maybe a HR-V AWD.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Glad you walked away from this. Could have been much worse. The Renny can be replaced as by the sounds of it you will. Good choice. No vehicle is perfect trust me I traded in a 2015 Canyon for it.. moved on and happy with the Renny. It could be totally smashed as long as it protected me. Btw what was the other vehicle?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Vehicles can be replaced. Glad it protected you. You'll have another one in no time. Post pics of your new Rene when you get it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow. That is extremely sad! I hope you can find another hypergreen to replace it! I was in a similar accident that totaled a car I loved. People just don't pay attention. It's incredible that it happened even to your crazy bright Jeep.
I'm going to do my best to find a reasonably priced Hypergreen near by once everything is settled with insurance. I just hope theres some good rebates when I'm ready to buy because I got a great deal on this one. Sticker was 27,900 and between factory $4,500 rebate and a dealer rebate of another 4K I got this one for 19K and change and was thrilled with the purchase price. Just hope there's still some good prices and a Hypergreen out there when I start looking again.

Man that is a **** way to end/start the year.
Shocking driving from the accident instigator.

At least the modern design of the Renegade and all its airbaggery
meant you could walk away.

Good luck in your search for a replacement.
Yeah not quite the start to the year I was looking for but it can only go uphill from here right?

Wow, that sucks but given how well it turned out injury wise it is a positive story in the end. Makes me feel even better about the safety of this new purchase of mine as well. Welcome.
Thanks for the welcome, hopefully you'll never have to rely on the safety of your renegade but if you do it will definitely stand up for ya!

Glad that you are okay. Renegade did its job protecting you. I hope you're behind the wheel of another soon.
Not sure how long its going to take AAA to do their things but hopefully it isn't long and I can be behind the wheel of another Renny by the end of the month.

Hate to say this but your in a position to get something different that will not have as many issues as the Renegade seems to do.. Look into a Subaru Crosstek or maybe a HR-V AWD.
I've heard and read a lot about the Renny and it's many issues but at the same time I have a family member who owns a '16 Sport and has had zero issues with it in his 20K miles and a cross country road trip from Michigan to Arizona so that gives me a little faith in it's reliability.

Glad you walked away from this. Could have been much worse. The Renny can be replaced as by the sounds of it you will. Good choice. No vehicle is perfect trust me I traded in a 2015 Canyon for it.. moved on and happy with the Renny. It could be totally smashed as long as it protected me. Btw what was the other vehicle?
The other vehicle that nailed me was a Honda Odyssey, either a '13 or a '14 I'd have to look at the report.

·
Super Moderator
2,858 Posts
and enjoy the forum! I hope you find one just the way you like it. Best part is that you are not hurt.

·
Super Moderator
1,383 Posts
Modern cars are pretty solid when compared to our "deathtraps" of yesteryear.

The below video footage is of a horrific crash, in Russia, when an Evoque Coupe lost it and fell from an overpass.
Apparently the driver just walked away.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Glad your ok, and walked away. My advice is to get a lawyer if you have not gotten one already. The other drivers insurance company will not compensate you properly without one.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I drove around for two years with a semi-wrecked 2015 Renegade. Got hit by a truck after two months, mirror was duct taped and zip tied on, could barely open the door to get in, windshield cracked all the way across, no tire pressure monitoring...Today, I snagged a 2017 Granite Altitude. Pumped! So many improvements. Push button / remote start to name one

·
Registered
14 Posts
Glad you are OK Hyper! And let me say thank you for the report on the results. It was a concern of mine that the renegade may be a tad off on safety. I'm glad to hear the Latti was as safe as the salesmen told us it was.
I pulled the trigger on a 2017 Black Trailhawk, every accessory I could order on her! I LOVE THIS LITTLE RIG! The 2.4 is spunky, I wish I could have gotten a Manual drivetrain, and If they ever put a 4.0 in it I'll trade this one in a blink. I am a bit dubious on the Automatic trans still. (the autoshift is too weird for my likings) But Autoshift will come in Handy when I hit the beaches in NJ and Cape Hatteras. Right after I got the Renegade. I had to sell my 2001 Wrangler, 455,000 miles on the old girl, good trustworthy friends borrowed her and the read end went out while she was driving it. I don't fault them, That is the original Rear, Universals, etc. So instead of putting a junkyard rear in her (the jeep, not our friend) - we sold it to a guy who makes custom Jeeps out of old timers and resells them. When you are ready, check out the trailhawks. it sits higher , the Drivetrain is pretty solid for an Auto- and so far, it's handled everything I can throw at it: Snow, Mud, steep hills, Tellico trails even! Good luck with the insurance company- they are the WORSE!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts