Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I know how you feel. I just posted my story in the problem section. More time will have to pass to get a better understanding for a first year car. I really do enjoy driving the Renegade. It's certainly a fun crossover and will be extremely successful for Jeep.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Few join a forum to let everyone know how good their car runs. But many join to find out solutions to problems they have.

I joined because I had been interested in the Renegade since 2014 when I first heard about it. I picked mine up in April and have nearly 3,000 trouble-free miles so far. I don't drive it or my other car much in nice weather since I use the motorbike more.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's not often that people will go out of their way to praise a product but when it comes to an issue then you can bet you'll see lengthy discussions on them, after all we are consumers of some expensive products.
This is so true. I joined because my wife isn't a big forum person, but to me this vehicle is unique and draws a fun user base. I look forward to posting positive stories and reading positive ones once I get over this small road hump.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Few join a forum to let everyone know how good their car runs. But many join to find out solutions to problems they have.

I joined because I had been interested in the Renegade since 2014 when I first heard about it. I picked mine up in April and have nearly 3,000 trouble-free miles so far. I don't drive it or my other car much in nice weather since I use the motorbike more.
I posted my story in hopes that someone in the future can review it if they search the code that was thrown and hopefully get some guidance. Forums can be a great place for helpful information, but a lot of that information can also be diluted. Its always best to look at it from multiple angles.

·
Registered
753 Posts
This forum is becoming a scary place. Either its just because people post only when things go wrong or I have been extremely lucky with almost 10,000 miles on my TH and no major issues (knock on wood). I cant decide which it is.
I remind myself all the time, the bulk of folks that post reviews and such online are doing-so because of a negative experience they've had with a product.

Often times I'll see a brand new forum thread, with an extremely long opening post related to this-and-that is broken, that-and-this died, and so on - and then notice that the person posting the thread just joined and this is his/her first post.

A small group of people will join an online community as soon as they become an owner, quickly following their purchase. I joined 6 days after bringing home my Latitude.

Then there is even smaller fraction of folks, who are such enthusiasts, they'll join an online community proactively - even before they decide to purchase the item that said-community is related to.

Mind you, I'm not diminishing the fact that things can and will go wrong, especially with a first generation vehicle - and Chrysler's track record proves it isn't always just limited to first generation vehicles. For a while all the bad news on the forum was starting to give me a complex about my own Renny - where each morning I would dread about "will this be the day something goes wrong". I had to learn how to just shrug it off, otherwise how would I be able to enjoy Lil'Red - and I really do enjoy my Lil'Red.

I'm just saying, bad news travels fast - faster than good news for sure. But if you've got 10k miles with no major issues, that's good news for sure!

That means you've probably at least gone through 1 if not 2 scheduled service appointments by now? Has the dealer done any updates or anything to your Renny other than just the scheduled maintenance? If any, could you list what they were? I'm only at 1600, so I've got a while before my first scheduled maintenance, but I'm collecting information about this and that so's when it's time I have some information and questions ready for the service techs. :)

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
This is exactly true.

It's really common when an incident occurs for someone to sit down and write it out.
Same thing even when buying something on Amazon and looking at the reviews. Very tough finding anything on the internet with no complaints to go with it.

If everything is going fine there's a little less reason/need to post a brand new topic unless you take a trip or are customizing something - (which we have a good amount of these type of threads also.)

I think we have a few threads talking about how there are a lot of problem threads because I really think I've typed this before. :laugh:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yes, it can be scary..... But, I love coming on here & have found a wealth of information & learned so much from everyone. I have also found that through the Forum, issues that have been a problem for some, have been trouble-shooted so much more quickly.... especially with this being a new on the market vehicle. (some of which problems he Dealerships have been clueless on at this point). I liken it to Facebook, which people seem to either love or hate..... all depends on how you use it & what you are using it for......

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yes, if you went by solely what the forums sounded like you'd think everyone was breaking down constantly. haha Like others have said, people post when things go wrong. If you dig around a little here, you'll also find lots of praise about the Renegade. But i do think a lot of people stop dropping by here once they get their new ride and everything is fine. I like reading on the latest info, optional equipment and places people are taking their new Jeeps. Don't let all the negative stuff discourage.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I remind myself all the time, the bulk of folks that post reviews and such online are doing-so because of a negative experience they've had with a product.

Often times I'll see a brand new forum thread, with an extremely long opening post related to this-and-that is broken, that-and-this died, and so on - and then notice that the person posting the thread just joined and this is his/her first post.

A small group of people will join an online community as soon as they become an owner, quickly following their purchase. I joined 6 days after bringing home my Latitude.

Then there is even smaller fraction of folks, who are such enthusiasts, they'll join an online community proactively - even before they decide to purchase the item that said-community is related to.

Mind you, I'm not diminishing the fact that things can and will go wrong, especially with a first generation vehicle - and Chrysler's track record proves it isn't always just limited to first generation vehicles. For a while all the bad news on the forum was starting to give me a complex about my own Renny - where each morning I would dread about "will this be the day something goes wrong". I had to learn how to just shrug it off, otherwise how would I be able to enjoy Lil'Red - and I really do enjoy my Lil'Red.

I'm just saying, bad news travels fast - faster than good news for sure. But if you've got 10k miles with no major issues, that's good news for sure!

That means you've probably at least gone through 1 if not 2 scheduled service appointments by now? Has the dealer done any updates or anything to your Renny other than just the scheduled maintenance? If any, could you list what they were? I'm only at 1600, so I've got a while before my first scheduled maintenance, but I'm collecting information about this and that so's when it's time I have some information and questions ready for the service techs. :)

I am coming up on my 2nd scheduled maintenance. No updates yet. Just regular stuff. So far so good.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have learned a ton of tips and enjoyed the pictures as well. I like it for sure. I find it helpful but every time I leave I wonder when the other shoe will drop. that's all. I LOVE my TH and think its a ton of fun. No regrets!

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
I once administered and modded one of the biggest automotive forums out there that had forums for almost each and every make on the planet. The stories I've read from almost all brands would make anyone feel nervous. But alas the number of complaints are small compared to the number of satisfied owners. Its just the nature of online discussion forums to see more faults than praises.

TS

Reactions: LittleRedJeep

·
Registered
234 Posts
This forum is becoming a scary place. Either its just because people post only when things go wrong or I have been extremely lucky with almost 10,000 miles on my TH and no major issues (knock on wood). I cant decide which it is.
People will scream about a bad experience, but quietly smile about a good one...

the good ones are just doing their thing... ;) enjoy!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm feeling better after reading this thread. I haven't bought a Renegade yet, but I want one and I joined the forum to find out more information about the different trims. I wasn't looking for problems, but after reading a few stories I started to second guess my decision to buy one at all. I'm glad to see not everyone has had a bad experience. I do think I will wait for the 2016 model, partly in hopes some issues will be worked out but also because I read on this forum that the cargo area got a slight redesign so I'm curious to see what that looks like.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I read all the issues.... And had a lot of issues with my first year 2007 JKU... I traded my 15 srt challenger... 10k no issues... My ram truck has gone thru a water pump and had a few other issues.. Chrysler is known for mechanical issues. However, their customer service and product price points are good.

If u want perfect Maintenace go buy a Honda and be happy... If u want something different, capable, and that gives u a lot of bang for ur buck go with Chrysler.

I am happy with my 200 miles so far!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.