Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bottom surface of the box behind the mirror makes a very good spot to mount a toll transponder. After checking to make sure it worked in that location, I went ahead and mounted it with 3M velcro.

Attachments

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't even notice it.

I had the transponder mounted in the center of the windshield just under the mirror mount on my previous car, but with the windshield box on the Renegade that's a no-go.

The annoying thing I always found with mounting them on the glass is that, from the outside, you have a view of the sticky side of the velcro mounting strips.

That being said, I initially did install it on the passenger side like you mentioned, but the Velcro I used had adhesive that wasn't up to the task, and after a day in the summer sun I came back to sticky residue on the windshield and the transponder on the floor.

For this mounting, I used the 3M Velcro strips that are used to mount their Command Hooks. hey seem to be much higher quality.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The bottom surface of the box behind the mirror makes a very good spot to mount a toll transponder. After checking to make sure it worked in that location, I went ahead and mounted it with 3M velcro.
I had mine mounted there and after a hot day I found it on the floor. Hadn't gotten around to getting new velcro so today I popped the box off and put it inside. Fits like a glove. No idea if it will work in there, but I can't imagine it being any worse than when I had it mounted below it. I guess I'll find out the next time I hit the toll road.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had mine mounted there and after a hot day I found it on the floor. Hadn't gotten around to getting new velcro so today I popped the box off and put it inside. Fits like a glove. No idea if it will work in there, but I can't imagine it being any worse than when I had it mounted below it. I guess I'll find out the next time I hit the toll road.
I used the Velcro strips that come with 3M Command Hooks. They're pretty robust. So far, so good.

I will be very interested to hear how your transponder works from inside the box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.