Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first post here, I am really glad i found this comunity
Water Atmosphere Liquid Automotive tire Hood

Just bought brand new Renegade, really pleased with car.

But this morning, i found this metal washer clip under pedals. Since i'm mechanical engineer, i know that this is quicklock nut, and this can go on plastic or steel shaft, but really can't find from where it fell off.

If someone recognises where this thing should be, please let me know. Here is the pic.

·
Registered
2017 renegade trailhawk 9 spd auto glacier metallic, preferred package 27E
532 Posts
maybe piece dropped during vehicle build nothing else found? do bolt/screw rolling around. does not look used

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maybe piece dropped during vehicle build nothing else found? do bolt/screw rolling around. does not look used
That was my first thought.

For now there are no other parts, bolts, screws rolling arround cabin. Also, no strange noises. You are right, it does not look used.
On Mopar website, i found similar part, which is used on seat assembly. Will check that.

Just hope that this is not something from controll system, like steering column, break, clutch and throttle pedals.

·
Premium Member
3,012 Posts
Its nothing to worry about. :D

But firstly let me welcome you to this excellent forum and offer some appreciation in relation to a first post that provided pictures and an explanation of what you are seeking answers for. :love:

If only others would introduce themselves as you had.

That type of press on washer and that's all it is as you said is generally found on a shaft. Pull the carpet back from the pedals if you can. (I have a right hand drive) and I recall seeing one in there whilst opting for an easy earth connection for my light bar switch. The bonnet catch rings a bell where it's attached to the bodywork.

If I am wrong then I offer an apology for setting a new member onthe wrong track. But I know I seen that washer in the footwell area.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its nothing to worry about. :D

But firstly let me welcome you to this excellent forum and offer some appreciation in relation to a first post that provided pictures and an explanation of what you are seeking answers for. :love:

If only others would introduce themselves as you had.

That type of press on washer and that's all it is as you said is generally found on a shaft. Pull the carpet back from the pedals if you can. (I have a right hand drive) and I recall seeing one in there whilst opting for an easy earth connection for my light bar switch. The bonnet catch rings a bell where it's attached to the bodywork.

If I am wrong then I offer an apology for setting a new member onthe wrong track. But I know I seen that washer in the footwell area.
First, thank you for your warm welcome.

Also thank you for giving me informations, no worries about setting me on the wrong path every information is useful.
I will look under the carpets and check if it fell from there.

Thank yoy again.

·
Super Moderator
1,860 Posts
There are always these type of "gifts" from Italian plant workers. Cherish it.

·
Registered
991 Posts
It could be something as simple as it stuck to the sole of your shoe while walking and popped loose while you were driving. It may have absolutely nothing to do with your vehicle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It could be something as simple as it stuck to the sole of your shoe while walking and popped loose while you were driving. It may have absolutely nothing to do with your vehicle.
Yeah, you are right, I didn't tought about that possibility. I walk across factory floors, so it might be that I imported it in car. I will save that washer and check with dealer when service is due.
Thanks for reply.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just came from dealer, this washer is from gas pedal sensor. Basically it holds cables in place. That's what they said to me... Nothing functional they said.

·
Premium Member
3,012 Posts
Yes!!! An answer was found. Well done and thanks for letting us know what it was.

Great job :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts