Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
My question is i found some wheels i really like in a 17 but what tire size should I go with? the wheels are 17x7 with a 45 offset.
If you go with the stock offset of 40mm, you could try these sizes:
215/65R17
225/60R17
225/65R17

But by using a 45mm offset, the 225 sizes may rub.

Here is the full list of stock Renegade sizes:

Sport / Latitude
215/65R16
Tires from Limited are optional

Latitude 2.4
215/60R17

Limited
225/55R18

Trailhawk
215/65R17
For the wheel size you want,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you need a lift?

I have a Trailhawk and I would like to add some slightly larger tires on it as well. Looks like almost anything else would rub without a slight lift. Has anyone lifted a Renegade yet and if so where can you find a kit?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I have a Trailhawk and I would like to add some slightly larger tires on it as well. Looks like almost anything else would rub without a slight lift. Has anyone lifted a Renegade yet and if so where can you find a kit?
There are already many threads on this subject, please do a search and you will find the links.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
If you go with the stock offset of 40mm, you could try these sizes:
215/65R17
225/60R17
225/65R17

But by using a 45mm offset, the 225 sizes may rub.

Here is the full list of stock Renegade sizes:

For the wheel size you want,
Sport / Latitude
215/65R16 Continental CrossContact LX Sport
Revs/Mile 749

Latitude 2.4
215/60R17 Continental CrossContact LX Sport
Revs/Mile 768

Limited
225/55R18 GY Eagle Sport or Kumho KL33
Revs/Mile 729

Trailhawk
215/65R17 GY Wrangler SRA or Falken Wildpeak
Revs/Mile 722
Hmmm, I never noticed it before, but I find it odd that the Trailhawk with its higher ground clearance has a smaller tire than the Limited.
Incoming Newbie question in 3..2...1...
Wouldn't putting the bigger tire of the Limited onto the Trailhawk make it have more ground clearance. Granted, you can't order the Limited tires onto the Trailhawk so the point is probably moot, but maybe I am missing the bigger picture.

TS

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hmmm, I never noticed it before, but I find it odd that the Trailhawk with its higher ground clearance has a smaller tire than the Limited.
Incoming Newbie question in 3..2...1...
Wouldn't putting the bigger tire of the Limited onto the Trailhawk make it have more ground clearance. Granted, you can't order the Limited tires onto the Trailhawk so the point is probably moot, but maybe I am missing the bigger picture.

TS
The Trailhawk tires are actually .26" taller than the Limited:

27.74" Diameter
225-55r18

28" Diameter
215-65r17

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tirecalc.php?tires=225-55r18-215-65r17

Reactions: twospirits

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
The Trailhawk tires are actually .26" taller than the Limited:

27.74" Diameter
225-55r18

28" Diameter
215-65r17

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tirecalc.php?tires=225-55r18-215-65r17
Very interesting indeed. Good link btw.

Maybe he means in Europe.

Cos here in Europe, I wonder the stupid reason, the size of the Trailhawk tire is smaller than in USA.

215/65 USA
215/60 EU
No, I meant USA, at least I thought that is what I read elsewhere but CalTom cleared that up for me. But since you brought up that is how it is in Europe, then I guess the question now goes to the European members. :D Curious to see their responses.

TS

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you are going to go with a larger diameter tire than what comes stock, you will need to wheels to have less offset than stock. That or use a spacer to push the wheel/tire combo outwards. Otherwise it will rub.

Don't know if anyone else has noticed this or not. If so, I've been trying to read and go through every thread I can, but there is just too much info in every section.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
It's been noticed.

Jeep used 1" spacers on the Desert Hawk Renegade shown at the Easter Jeep fest.
The tires were Falken Wildpeak A/T 235X65R17 ( 29x9.4 inch vs 28x8.8 inch stock )

·
Registered
111 Posts
Funny how everyone likes something different. I love the look of the black steelies, but I think it needs some more rugged looking tires. I did a search and you can get the Yokohama Geolander AT or the BF Goodrich TA KO2 in the 215/65/16 size that is already stock. Just slap those on there and it will have a very Wrangler-type look to it. Even better, if you like the retro look and your vehicle is a non-black color, have those black steelies painted to match the car's paint.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the Latitude with the 1.4L/manual, but I actually prefer the black steelies that come on the Sport, so I'll probably ask the dealer to swap them out and then I'll sell the 16" alloys that come on the Latitude. I'm not getting mine until 2016, but maybe when I do someone on here will want to make a swap with me.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
If you are going to go with a larger diameter tire than what comes stock, you will need to wheels to have less offset than stock. That or use a spacer to push the wheel/tire combo outwards. Otherwise it will rub.

Don't know if anyone else has noticed this or not. If so, I've been trying to read and go through every thread I can, but there is just too much info in every section.
Discussed here, and at other links:

http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/fo...ition/12058-wheels-tire-specs.html#post123066

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.