Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to get a Limited. We love to travel by car to places and have done so with a Toyota Sienna Van. It's been great and rides smooth. Now we are trying to downsize and want to know about Renegade's noise levels and smoothness on the freeway. I love it's off roading capability, but want to know more how it behaves out on the freeway.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I think my Trailhawk drives just fine on the highway. But everyone has a different opinion of what they want in a vehicle. My suggestion is to take one out for a test drive on the highway and then you'll know.

Reactions: Reg and twospirits

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ditto. Take it on the highway.

Personally, I think the road noise is high. The stereo is pretty good so it's not a deal breaker. The Renegade has excellent steering weighting at both low speeds and high speeds (EPS).

-A

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Why stop there? (thats my new motto. Applies to just about EVERY situation).

I also recommend parking your Sienna right beside the version Renegade you want and get in and out of both about a hundred times comparing the likes/dislikes of the Sienna to the Renegade. You're not going to remember any of the dislikes without the car next to you. Like: getting in/out of the vehicle, storage, reachability of radio controls, is the back window as big as the Sienna, etc, etc.

I have a Sienna and the rengade is nothing like it. It does not ride like a cruise ship but it is a hellovalot more fun. And the spare tire wont fall off the rear underside like the Sienna. Did you ever get that fixed?

Go take a look but park 'em next to each other for an hour. And tell the salesman who's only interested in face-time to scroo off.

Reactions: Reg

·
Registered
132 Posts
For me, the wind noise was not that bad on the highway to begin with. I added my roof rack and cargo basket and it definitely got a little more of a drone, but still not that bad. My fiance and I can still hold a conversation and not have to yell.

I'm comparing of course to my buddy's Rubicon JKU which has absolutely horrible noise levels... :).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello, our TH with its shorter wheelbase and higher ground clearance is not going to be as smooth as the Grand Caravan or as quiet that we have, but it goes where the mini van can't. So far the TH is very capable for the freeway, not a rocket nor a slug, we're very happy and impressed with our interior(premium)and NAV 6.5, 9 speakers. It's really fun, we call her our BJ, (Baby Jeep). Thanks Norm

·
Registered
12 Posts
Highway noise seems really great after driving a Wrangler. It's fairly loud though. We have a multitude of cars at work and I would say it's quieter than the Focus and louder than the Hyundai. Its not difficult by any means to have a front to back seat conversation.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Louder than a Hyundai? aarrgghh not I wanted to hear.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Ditto. Take it on the highway.

Personally, I think the road noise is high. The stereo is pretty good so it's not a deal breaker. The Renegade has excellent steering weighting at both low speeds and high speeds (EPS).

-A
That's what I noticed on a test drive, better than the Liberty I had, but it could have been that the Liberty was in need of some maintenance.

·
Registered
83 Posts
To me the noise isn't that bad, I drove in today with the radio off to see if the new rails I put on would be an annoyance - quiet enough for me.

But as always - Your Mileage May Vary....

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Highway noise seems really great after driving a Wrangler. It's fairly loud though. We have a multitude of cars at work and I would say it's quieter than the Focus and louder than the Hyundai. Its not difficult by any means to have a front to back seat conversation.
Which Hyundai. They do make more than one, and they have pretty variable internal noise levels.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Before we purchased a Trailhawk we test drove other AWD subcompacts including the Buick Encore. I was most interested in the Encore because it was toted as being a very quiet ride. I had driven the Renegade before the Encore and was excited to experience the Buick ride and lack of noise. I was disappointed by the Encore thinking it would ride and sound better then the Trailhawk.
(My Opinion)The Trailhawk is better handling and more comfortable then the Encore.
We also own a Honda CRV and we prefer the TH over the CRV with two exceptions. The CRV has more cargo room and the rear headrests are removable which makes it much easier to fold down the back seats when more cargo room is needed.

·
Registered
121 Posts
FINaLLY got my Trailhawk after waiting for it to finally leave the Port. And I have to say, everyone who's ridden in my baby mentions what a quiet ride it is. Quieter than my 2007 Rav4 V6 Sport and by FAR quieter than my old 1998 CR-V...like...farther than Mars kinda far. Love love LOVE this baby Jeep. Even my friends who admitted they don't like orange actually love the Omaha Orange with its black accents and black rims.

Also, no whistling noises, no missing plugs underneath, no lock problemos, shifting is smooth. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Our Latitude is not loud on the motorway. Even with the radio off my wife and I can have a civilized conversation at a normal volume. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.