Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

Seldom do I post on forums but figured I should here - seems like well-grounded group.

Picked up a hyper green 18 Altitude Saturday - 1.4L + 6 speed manual. 350 miles into this, still honeymoon phase, but so far it's been a big, entertaining change for me.

This is the first vehicle I've owned with any of the newer "tech" and I'm still getting used to it. It's an enjoyable, quirky vehicle though. I can see why there's a healthy following for these Italian toasters and I think it goes beyond simply having JEEP badges.

Traded in a 2005 Nissan Frontier that was a great truck but at 248,000 miles on the clock, it was getting to the nickel and dime territory. I was originally going to replace it with another Frontier but the price of new trucks, even used for that matter, is ridiculous.

So being the neurotic person I am, I cross-shopped a few Frontiers, a 2001 Honda S2000, and on a whim decided to try the Renegade. The color, shades of the old Neon nitro-yellow green, was a nice surprise in person. I remember trying to catch those unicorns in my younger years - now I have something almost similar!

The power difference between my old truck and especially my Mazdaspeed 3 is noticeable but it's still fun to twist the tach needle clockwise as fast as possible getting up to speed >:D

ANYWHO, I appreciate the information and banter all of you have provided on this forum and look forward to reading more.

Take care! :ReneBlueWave:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi, I just joined here today too. I just purchased a 2016 latitude 4x4 with Mysky, and coming from driving a work supplied 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 doublecab long bed for the last three years this is a huge change and is like driving a fun little golf cart. I can actually park anywhere I want now and don't have to find a spot out in the back of every lot.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YES! I'm sure the turn radius was about as bad as my Frontier and parking in normal spots became a 3-4 point adventure.

I think you're spot-on about the golf cart... I ripped a little aggressive u-turn yesterday testing things out and it felt just like a golf cart wanting to lift the inside rear wheel. :D Best to keep it on 4 (at least 3) wheels for now!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts