Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone has tried mounting a front camera to be able to see directly in front of the front bumper. I am often alone when exploring off road and in some places it is necessary for me to get out and look before doing things like proceeding over the edge of a trail particularly going downhill. I know one should look anyway but having the camera would be a bonus. I have a 2016 Trailhawk. A camera that would broadcast via bluetooth to a smart phone would be OK. Any ideas?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have an action camera (GoPro clone) that I can attach with various GoPro mounts when needed. It has WiFi that I use to connect either my phone or tablet and gives me a live view. You can find various models on Amazon. I only have it attached when needed.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I was just wondering if anyone has tried mounting a front camera to be able to see directly in front of the front bumper. I am often alone when exploring off road and in some places it is necessary for me to get out and look before doing things like proceeding over the edge of a trail particularly going downhill. I know one should look anyway but having the camera would be a bonus. I have a 2016 Trailhawk. A camera that would broadcast via bluetooth to a smart phone would be OK. Any ideas?
I seen this yesterday,had to go back today to find were I seen it and found it.
https://www.justforjeeps.com/hce-c2600fd.html

Hope the link works it was at just for jeeps .com

·
Registered
14 Posts
I seen this yesterday,had to go back today to find were I seen it and found it.

https://www.justforjeeps.com/hce-c2600fd.html

Hope the link works it was at just for jeeps .com

I have that camera mounted on my Willys as a backup camera.
Great camera, but don’t get it for the multi-view. There is only one lens. The other view angles are achieved by manipulating the video with software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm with you my friend ...me and my girl go out and when we peak on a hill were looking into the sky saying can you see anything.....she says go for it but I have had to get out a few times....rocky/sandy/slippery....so after slipping on to my kester and her laughing I have been wanting to get a bumper cam looking down.....I will keep an eye on this post....I tried a few months ago but nothing....I guess go-pro with suction cup ...then remove when were done ...idk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts