Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new Jeep Renegade Limited 4x4 Sept 18th with a build date of July 2015. (ordered it in March 2015) The front collision warning system is not working. I have changed it from near, medium, and far still not getting any warning. Off to take it in to the dealer to have it looked at. Any idea's? Is it a software thing? I love my Renegade, but want all the safety features to work.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You won't get any warnings unless you are in imminent danger of hitting the vehicle in front, I have had only one warning since I picked up my car. My dealer said that they have to test the system before delivery by deliberately braking late at a car in front !. If the system has a fault you should get some warnings on the dash.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the dealer cleared all the codes and took it for a drive and said they got the collision warning to come on. Seems you have to be really close to the car in front of you. I have it set to far, so does anyone know how close you have to be when it is set to far, medium and close? I would have thought far is at least a car length away but mine still comes on right up almost to the bumper in front of me. I would like to hear if this is the same for other cars equipped with the front collision warning system. Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
The way mine goes off the most, which is easy and safe to test, is when someone is turning off the road in front of me. Only do if there is no one to your left, but maintain speed limit and just clear their rear bumper as they turn off. If you are going slow, it won't operate. Manual shows minimum speed. I have mine set at far and it has come on in stop and go traffic, but you have to be going over a certain speed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Test results

It seems to me, that the collision warning in Renegade is more silly then f.e. in Cherokee (with adaptive tempomat). My system is activated only in situation when the car in front of me starts to brake= red lights goes on and I am approaching to it quickly.
So only in case of combination of 2 signals (red lights on) from front camera (near the internal mirror) and ultrasonic radar (quick approaching).

·
Registered
368 Posts
My understanding is that it is late for good reason.
While the system is braking it constantly evaluates how much braking is required to just miss the vehicle in front. This is better than a full emergency stop where there is the possibility of someone going in the back of you.
Better this than you stop ten feet early and get hit up the rear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.