Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just removed the bottom 5"following the main backside contour.
Sealed it with silicone adhesive.
Then I'll spray it with white flex shot rubber sealer.
Have about 2" clearance now with stock 215/65r17 tires turned all the way in and with a 1" lift

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just did mine. Did yours have a weird black plate on the driver's side? Took it off but haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else. Also weird it is only on one side.
No nothing on mine ...
No mounting screw holes either.
What year and model is yours ?
Here is a pic of my driver's side before l cut the seam.

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Do you guys plan on removing the fender liner? Or will you be modifying it for the extra clearance? I'm very interested in doing this to fit a bigger tire.
You just a have to pull the liner back toward the bottom ,holding it in the new position with some screws and strapping around the frame bracket

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just did mine. Did yours have a weird black plate on the driver's side? Took it off but haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else. Also weird it is only on one side.
I’m aware this is an older post but if it helps I have a new 2020 Renegade Trailhawk and I have these black plates in both driver and passenger side. I recently installed BFG 225 65/R17 w/ Rugged Ridge 1.25” spacers and noticed I had slight rubbing against the back wheel well liner. Nothing major but it’s there. Hope this helps with any questions someone might have. Take care.
Regards!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine had the same.
I removed it but, I wasn't happy about it...
I have the metal plate on driver and passenger side. Also has a layer of sound dampening fabric in between the metal plate and the liner. Mine is a 2020 Trailhawk. Pic is from underside of liner, you can see how much space that takes up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.