Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum. Bought my first Renegade a few weeks ago (Limited 1.6 diesel in Colorado red). I’m thinking of changing the grill from silver to black. Looks like a big job. Anyone else attempted this successfully? Or have any tips?

Also, bought some lower grill covers to replace the unsightly protruding ‘blanking’ plates (LH + RH). After fitting the offside one without any issues, I removed the nearside plate to find what looks like a collision sensor, possibly? In short, since the new grill covers are sunken in, it meant fitting the new (more stylish) grill cover was impossible. After doing a bit of research, I could not find any ‘Limited’ models with these replacement grills fitted and am guessing this is why. Only the Longitudes and Sport models seem to have them. This is a shame as they don’t look as good imo. I don’t fancy relocating the sensor for fear of wrecking the collision system (if that’s what it is?)

·
Super Moderator
1,604 Posts
Careful with those covers. The radar modules are about a grand to replace.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Careful with those covers. The radar modules are about a grand to replace.
Really? I will leave that well alone then! Thanks.
Just noticed that my neighbour’s Limited has the inner grill style cover on the left and the protruding blanking cover on the right - obviously this is why. Although to me that looks a bit odd. I’ll keep it symmetrical I think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts