Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girls,

I recently got my Renegade, and I am very happy with it.

But one thing is really getting on my nerves, and this is the headrest on the front seat, which is tilted so much forward, that the driver and passenger keep bumping into is, unless the seat is leaned back a lot.

Does any other owners have this issue?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Same for me, and it was worse when I sometimes wear my hair in a pony tail. I even think it was giving me a stiff neck. I put the head rest all the way up and now I find it more comfortable, and believe it or not, for me it has made a difference.

·
Registered
95 Posts
its funny, this is the first headrest Ive actually liked. All my other rides they have been ok, but this one is tall and it works for me.

I am guessing you are tall, I am not - 5'1" and while I love the seat which I find perfect for reaching the pedals and comfort, the headrest sat near the middle of the back of my head. Not my neck. with the headrest raised all the way up, I can now lean my head back a little and move it around easier. I didn't think I was going to be able to keep the car, with a stiff neck which gave me shoulder pain. Too bad the head rest isn't more adjustable. I am fine with it now.

·
Registered
131 Posts
yeah im 6', its the first headrest where when i lean my head back, theres still headrest space. all the other rides I had to adjust if I wanted that. I dont usually ever touch the rest with my head (i suppose i have bad posture lol) but occasionally at a stop its nice.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I probably shouldn't say this but in a worst-case scenario the headrests are fairly easy to remove. It is also possible that the rods could be bent slightly to angle the headrest back so it wasn't pushing your head forward.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
Looking at it, the headrest does seem to be tilted forward quite a bit. But for me, it hasn't been a problem while driving.

·
Super Moderator
3,630 Posts
Hi guys and girls,

I recently got my Renegade, and I am very happy with it.

But one thing is really getting on my nerves, and this is the headrest on the front seat, which is tilted so much forward, that the driver and passenger keep bumping into is, unless the seat is leaned back a lot.

Does any other owners have this issue?
This is apparently a common design theme on jeep vehicles. In other models, many owners try removing them and flipping them backwards due to it.

·
Super Moderator
4,764 Posts
I am tall and my wife is short and we both have no problems with it.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I am guessing you are tall, I am not - 5'1" and while I love the seat which I find perfect for reaching the pedals and comfort, the headrest sat near the middle of the back of my head. Not my neck. with the headrest raised all the way up, I can now lean my head back a little and move it around easier. I didn't think I was going to be able to keep the car, with a stiff neck which gave me shoulder pain. Too bad the head rest isn't more adjustable. I am fine with it now.
I am a guy and not much taller than you at 5'4", but I have never even noticed a problem. Granted I have short hair and just picked it up last Friday. Now I am going to consciously think about it tomorrow when I get into it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
New info on this thread

Hi, I started this thread, and I thank all who has responded, both with serious and not so serious comments.

On the matter of the front headrest being tilted to much forward, I have confronted the dealer, and they made serious efforts to investigate.

It turns out, that headrests with leather (as mine) are slightly more bulky or leaned forward, than models with other fabrics. They said that there was nothing wrong with my headrest, since to was the same for all leather equipped models they had in stock.

I think it is a manufacturer flaw, and I encourage all of you having LEATHER headrest to let me know if you feel you also have an issue here.

I find this issue very annoying, and will go a long way to have this fixed.

Otherwise a great vehicle!

·
Registered
95 Posts
"I have to put the seat back a couple of clicks so as not to be facing down. I thought it was just me, so thanks for sharing. "

Above was posted by Leroy, earlier in the thread. This worked for me too. Just 2 clicks back with the seat and problem is solved. Try it. Just 2 clicks back.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Try pulling the headrest fully forward then releasing slowly.
It has worked in the last couple of cars I have had.

I just realised you are all saying the headrests don't tilt at all.
It is a very long time since I had a car with no tilt adjustment in the headrests.

·
Registered
471 Posts
It is not the most comfortable for me. Someone earlier mentioned taking it off & placing it on backwards. Has anyone tried this? It has also been mentioned that depending on your height & where your head hits on the headrest, that this may contribute to the issue, but I did not notice this to make a difference for me.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.