Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Would you like to use it/ purchase it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I contemplated and finally realized a prototype hitch receiver to be mounted on the front frame (Picture with 3 bolts).
A corner of the bumper needed to be cut off:
The top angles.
In any case people are interested?
I will not only commercialized on one of the many marketplaces available. I will also do a video to show how to install it.

Please show me some interest and I will share the idea.

Note: your discussions on the forum have been so helpful in dealing with my tomato. (renegade)

馃馃馃馃馃

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle Grille Car
Rectangle Font Art Technology Drawing
Vehicle Automotive tire Car Hood Automotive lighting
Automotive lighting Automotive design Musical instrument Hood Trunk

Attachments

Super Moderator
Make sure you test how strong it is before you start selling them. Looks like a good plan. My Avid bumper has then built in.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Make sure you test how strong it is before you start selling them. Looks like a good plan. My Avid bumper has then built in.
Don't worry, from the manufacturer of the prototype I worked with, it is 500 lbs. tongue weight.
Tongue weight (TW) refers to the weight that a fully loaded trailer exerts downward on the hitch ball of the tow vehicle. Tongue weight should be between 10-15 percent of gross trailer weight (GTW). For example, a 10,000-lb trailer should have a tongue weight between 1,000 lbs and 1,500 lbs. You can adjust the tongue weight of your trailer by removing or adding cargo, or redistributing the load on the trailer. The tongue weight should never exceed the capacity of your tow vehicle, your hitch, or any of your towing components.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seriously I would borrow money right now to buy the Avid front and rear bumpers I want if they would actually get them back. EVERYONE that has interest should email Avid to be placed on the list so they can see there is still tremendous interest.
I wanted it too but they run out of them so quick. I have tried contacting Avid to get some answers on when they will restock and got no answers. I decided to go another route finally.

Registered
Seriously I would borrow money right now to buy the Avid front and rear bumpers I want if they would actually get them back. EVERYONE that has interest should email Avid to be placed on the list so they can see there is still tremendous interest.
Same here man ive called emailed and instagram dm so far no luck of any answer of them coming back in stock so im just gonna contact a local fab shop and get one custom made

1 - 8 of 8 Posts