Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a front passenger side floor mat grommet that has broken off (the little "nub" has broken) and now that mat does not stay in place. Does anyone know where I can purchase one of those grommets or even anything else that I can do so that this can be resolved? I'd love to purchase the rubber slush mats, but even those use this grommet to keep them in place.

Thank you in advance!
JerryFromFL

·
Registered
114 Posts
That's a warranty/safety issue. Those grommets are a safety feature meant to keep the floor mats from sliding up under the pedals and preventing you from braking. If they broke, they're defective. I'd take it back to the dealer and ask them to fix it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a warranty/safety issue. Those grommets are a safety feature meant to keep the floor mats from sliding up under the pedals and preventing you from braking. If they broke, they're defective. I'd take it back to the dealer and ask them to fix it.
Thank you. I was told by a local dealer that if I brought in my Renegade that they would take pictures of the grommet and then MAYBE they would be told by FCA that it was indeed able to be covered under warranty. The hours that the dealer is able to do the pictures is M-F from 10am-4pm . . . apparently there is only one person that is capable of taking pictures (I offered to take my own and send them to the dealer but was told that wasn't possible) and submitting the appropriate paperwork to FCA and then waiting at least two weeks for them to respond back to the dealer.

I had hoped that I would be able to just find them somewhere so that I could avoid the wait.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Go over the head of whoever you spoke with at the dealer. This is a safety issue and a clear defect that should be fixed IMMEDIATELY. The dealership can square it with FCA later. It's not like we're talking about a new engine here, this is a nothing part, cost-wise. In a case like this, I would take an "I don't care. FIX IT." attitude with the dealership.

This assumes that this is the dealership where you purchased your Renegade. If that's not the case, your position isn't nearly as strong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.