Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found front/rear sets of splash guards for a reasonable price? I have found them from $85-$100 which is a ridiculously high price for splash guards. I realize that 6 months from now, they will be imported at less than half the current price. Please let me know if you have found site that sells Reny splash guards at a better than current MoPar prices. Many thanks.

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, all I have seen have been MoPar , even on ebay. Cheapest I have seen is on "renegade ready" website, but they are still around $85 for front and back. Hope someone comes up with more reasonable knock offs soon.

· Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
Yes, all I have seen have been MoPar , even on ebay. Cheapest I have seen is on "renegade ready" website, but they are still around $85 for front and back. Hope someone comes up with more reasonable knock offs soon.
I ordered the ones from Renegade Ready. Hoping I'll be able to install 'em. Looks like the screws are pretty obvious in the back, but not so obvious in the front. We shall see... I'm sure they come with directions.

· Registered
119 Posts
They require drilling and rivets in front. I wish RR had put that info on the site. I would not have ordered them. Also, be aware. They are extremely stiff. I see fender well liners with this style of flap attached to it still in several of the trails I run. If you come off a ledge wrong and catch these, I could see having your fender liner join them. I wouldn't use them off road. They cut clearance by about 3". They are nicely made and fit perfectly though. If you don't offroad they would definitely look nice.

· Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
They require drilling and rivets in front. I wish RR had put that info on the site. I would not have ordered them. Also, be aware. They are extremely stiff. I see fender well liners with this style of flap attached to it still in several of the trails I run. If you come off a ledge wrong and catch these, I could see having your fender liner join them. I wouldn't use them off road. They cut clearance by about 3". They are nicely made and fit perfectly though. If you don't offroad they would definitely look nice.
My most challenging conditions will be snow, but I sure hate reducing the clearance. Hopefully the rivets are something I can handle.

· Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
My most challenging conditions will be snow, but I sure hate reducing the clearance. Hopefully the rivets are something I can handle.
My friend got similar style splash guards installed on their x-terra. It builds up nasty ice burgs in the fender well until they start rubbing the tires and you get a nice burnt tire smell.

There's no free lunch I guess.

· Registered
33 Posts
I got mine on bamwholesaleparts for I think $37 per pair, if you look at my garage you can see them installed on my rene and the mopar part # you can look up for each. I like them so far been about a week so not a lot of experience yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
105 Posts
I have just fitted genuine mopar front & rear splash guards, which I imported from the USA (via Ebay) as Mopar parts in the UK are a obsolete rip off. UK price for a set of four is £160 (approx. 248$ !!!), purchasing them from the USA including import duty & tax was £109.63 (approx. 169$) so was still a good saving.

Rears are very easy to fit as use existing mounting points. The fronts are a different matter altogether (as pointed out by astrobdean), the plastic wheel arch needs two holes drilling for the pop rivets. I did drill out the holes & install the pop rivet with a bit of trepidation as the rivet goes in the cavity between the metal wing & the wheel arch trim !!!, but all worked out well in the end.

Attachments

· Premium Member
916 Posts
this is something that I've always conflicted about.
So question,
If one does not want to put on mud flaps on but also doesn't want the side fenders scratched up with rocks/pebbles flying into it, what other option does one have?
Protective Film? Plastic dip?

TS

· Registered
5 Posts
Splash Guards!

They exist! They're super easy to mount, too; I used a rivet gun for the front ones rather than using a drill bit to screw them in.

My only complaint with the Renegade was that not even a day or two after taking it off the lot, I already had stuff splashed against the side panels. This took care of that immediately, and it only took me about 20 minutes to get all 4 of them mounted. My mom is a parts advisor at my local dealer, so she was able to track them down with no problem... Part numbers are 82214128 and 82214127.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive exterior

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.