Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know a cheaper place to get Front Tow Hooks for Latitude? I all most fell over when the dealer told me $350.00 for the brackets.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm not sure if the Trailhawk tow hooks would be usable on a Latitude. The bumper cover shape is more vertical than Trailhawk and the hooks might not stick out past it.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
There is more to the tow hooks than just hooks. There is a sub-structure connected to the "frame" that the hooks bolt on to.

·
Super Moderator
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure if the Trailhawk tow hooks would be usable on a Latitude. The bumper cover shape is more vertical than Trailhawk and the hooks might not stick out past it.
Yes they will fit any of the BU's You knock out the square covers and the brackets bolt on to the framing. My buddy at the dealer ship looked all the parts up for me. See in the photo it is to the out side of the bows.

Now I found this but I am not ready to be the first one to try it.
Jeep Renegade Heavy Duty Tow Hook https://www.zl1addons.com/index.php/shop-for-gear/tow-hooks/jeep-renegade-tow-hook-detail

Reactions: twospirits

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm sure they will bolt on, but I think they will not stick out past the bumper cover. The Trailhawk cover is shaped differently, angled back for a better approach angle, and they barely stick out past it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is over $350.00 just for the brackets the tow hooks are $75.00 each so I am looking for a cheaper way to go.

I can't take her Jeep off road with us in till I get this done. I ordered the rear Mopar hitch so the rear will be fine with that and the hook.
Our club has rules about front and rear
Recovery Points and a few other important things.
http://www.blacksheep4x4s.org/Equipment_List_for_Trail_Rides

·
Registered
111 Posts
Meanwhile You could use the "standard" recovery points that You have in your Jeep Renegade Latitude. The hook should be in your spare wheel or wheel repair kit.
In Europe recovery hook is mandatory in every vehicle.

One is under the round plastic cover in the front (right side of the car) while the one on the back is always at on the rigth It is on the right side, under the right part of the small grid that there is over the exhaust pipe.
Hook photos and size in this thread http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/forum/4-2015-jeep-renegade-general-discussion/15185-where-tie-down-canoe-2.html

·
Super Moderator
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They do not come with that in the US. I can't seem to find that part at any place.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I went through my Latitude and cannot find a hook. Inflator, screwdriver & funnel. I am going to pay $20 for the MOPAR part. I can't find the part# for the rear hook though as it needs to be much longer. I won't really need a rear hook once I install the hitch kit.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I went through my Latitude and cannot find a hook. Inflator, screwdriver & funnel. I am going to pay $20 for the MOPAR part. I can't find the part# for the rear hook though as it needs to be much longer. I won't really need a rear hook once I install the hitch kit.
Wow that's odd. Now I'm gonna search mine when it gets here. I don't need it since I have the tow hook standard but am curious.

·
Registered
370 Posts
As I mentioned in my post about where to tie down a canoe I have yet to see one in the trunk of any Renegade. One tow hook is packed in the trunk of all Fiat 500's. That's my tow hook from my Fiat 500L on the front end of a yellow Renegade. I wanted to see if it's the same type of thread, which it is. I really wonder what the dealers or the truck drivers do with all of the Renegade tow hooks after they deliver each new Renegade.

I suggest that you all go back to your dealer and ask them to return to you your missing tow hooks. Why pay for them?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went to my dealer yesterday and they had no clue about that hook and even looked in 10 new BU's right off the truck and none of them had it also.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
I went to my dealer yesterday and they had no clue about that hook and even looked in 10 new BU's right off the truck and none of them had it also.
Isn't that how you drag the thing on a flat bed? Not having it might be pretty inconvenient, and something similar is included with most new cars since the bolt on chromed bumper went away. I can understand being surprised they aren't there, but surprised about the concept?

·
Registered
125 Posts
As I mentioned in my post about where to tie down a canoe I have yet to see one in the trunk of any Renegade. One tow hook is packed in the trunk of all Fiat 500's. That's my tow hook from my Fiat 500L on the front end of a yellow Renegade. I wanted to see if it's the same type of thread, which it is. I really wonder what the dealers or the truck drivers do with all of the Renegade tow hooks after they deliver each new Renegade.

I suggest that you all go back to your dealer and ask them to return to you your missing tow hooks. Why pay for them?
I was at the dealership yesterday, and was told I had to buy it.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I found some nice eye-bolts at Grainger, rated at 4000-lbs.

Eyebolt, 5/8-11,1-3/8In, Lift w/Shoulder

I figured for the price, wth, so I ordered 2, should be in by Thursday or Friday.

Might want hold off on spending your money, just in case they don't work as expected, :)

But for sure, if they work out okay - thread snugly and fully into the rescue points the non-Trailhawks come with in the front and rear bumpers, I'll let everyone know. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts

I figured for the price, wth, so I ordered 2, should be in by Thursday or Friday.

Might want hold off on spending your money, just in case they don't work as expected, :)

But for sure, if they work out okay - thread snugly and fully into the rescue points the non-Trailhawks come with in the front and rear bumpers, I'll let everyone know. :)
Thanks LittleRedJeep! I'm definitely interested in these for my Latitude which should arrive here soon. :)

·
Registered
125 Posts

Good to know, keep us updated.......

·
Super Moderator
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Thanks for checking them out but be care full 4000 lbs is not much I don't wont you to mess up the front of your Jeep when you do a pull.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.