Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this here's my 1st post. My girlfriend has a new Renegade and the front windshield washer fluid jets stopped working a few days ago. They worked fine for the 1st month but now when I pull the wand forward, the jet for the back wiper squirts! Same if I push the wand forward, the back jet goes.

Ive tried calling the service dept at the dealer for the past 4 days and they will NOT get on the phone its super frustrating. Im trying to handle this without taking a trip in there.

Anyone know whats going on here? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Have you operated the front screen washer while someone is stood outside the Jeep? I ask as if someone is watching for water dripping, then a hose has come away or there is a leak. Rule out the simple stuff first. Also check the washer reservoir. I have run it to empty and nowt comes through the front jets, but does out the rear jet. Fluid still in the pipe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2015 Renegade had the Washer Pump Fail after 7 months. Was impossible for me to check the fuse to see if that was the problem. Dealer had to investigate and ultimately replace the pump. But neither front nor back would squirt, and no pump noise.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Have you operated the front screen washer while someone is stood outside the Jeep? I ask as if someone is watching for water dripping, then a hose has come away or there is a leak. Rule out the simple stuff first. Also check the washer reservoir. I have run it to empty and nowt comes through the front jets, but does out the rear jet. Fluid still in the pipe.
What kev said.
Remember someone on here had a back jet not work cause pipe had worked loose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks everyone. This Sunday Ill have her pull the wand while I check underneath for any leaks and if that's not it I guess it will have to go in to dealer for a pump.

Just seems really odd that pulling the wand towards the driver now activates the rear jet. One I have a look Ill post up about what the issue was.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Just seems really odd that pulling the wand towards the driver now activates the rear jet. One I have a look Ill post up about what the issue was.
That is odd. What it says to me is that, when you try to activate the front washers, the pump is running, but something is preventing the fluid from flowing properly. This would cause an increase in pressure which could be forcing fluid out the rear washer instead. Front and rear share a tank, perhaps they share a pump as well and some other mechanism diverts the flow to front or rear...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Has anyone figured out what mechanism switches between the front and rear? I am having a similar issue. It just started happening. When i pull the lever it squirts out both the front and rear.

·
Super Moderator
2,266 Posts
Is it the single bi-directional motor pump on the Renegade? Turns one way to pump to front and reverse to pump to rear.

If so then something has probably failed in the pump and probably needs replacing.

·
Registered
101 Posts
really? never heard that one before. lol

i have used rain x for almost 15 years. will use nothing else. have used every kind they have made.
out of the 100+ jugs i've went through, not one problem.
I meant to say it plugs the nozzles.....had to clean out the nozzles with alcohol on my GC after 3 years of using rainX . I think letting the Jeep sit for extended periods of time might have contributed to the issue.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I know up here in Illinois they sell both winter and summer types of washer fluid. Which is stupid. Because if someone uses the summer blend and it goes into winter they will have their lines freeze up.
they sell it that way here in Canada too. I usually go through washer fluid like Jim Lahey goes through Booze, but I have been caught a few times with a little summer stuff left and the temp drops and it would freeze in the tank and lines. just have to get the engine bay warm to thaw the lines and top up with winter fluid will thaw the tank.
I try to run yellow rain X all year now, buy it by the case and kep it on hand.

·
Registered
248 Posts
they sell it that way here in Canada too. I usually go through washer fluid like Jim Lahey goes through Booze, but I have been caught a few times with a little summer stuff left and the temp drops and it would freeze in the tank and lines. just have to get the engine bay warm to thaw the lines and top up with winter fluid will thaw the tank.
I try to run yellow rain X all year now, buy it by the case and kep it on hand.
happened to me once years ago. Had to replace hoses and clean out the jets. The fluid froze and when I thawed it the cleaner separated from the water and turned to gel.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The car only has 5k on it and i bought it new in November. The front squirts out normally, but it just started to also leak out of the back when I use the front.
Mine just recently started doing this too. About 5,500 miles, 2016 Trailhawk.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.