Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015, Latitude. Cold weather package.

Is it just today that I noticed the wipers do not return to their resting place if "on" when you stop the engine and remove the key? Most cars cycle them back down automatically, and today I noticed this....wondering if everyone has it this way? (or did software go nuts again in a different way...seems like everything is software based.) Perhaps I just never noticed this, but..it sure makes the car look like it has "issues" ....leaving wipers UP when parked.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Interesting. I've personally never had a car that cycled the wipers back to rest position when the engine was shut off, they always just stop wherever they are, so I've always been in the habit of shutting off the wipers before shutting down.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So your renegade is like mine, then? Maybe it's normal.
I don't remember "seeing" it, but even with 6 thousand miles on my Renegade it must be noted that
I don't drive every day, and that perhaps I just never noticed.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I just checked wipers on my 2015 Latitude, push button start, wipers stop instantly when engine is turned off. I think all cars I have owned had wipers stop when engine was turned off.

Clifton

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Feeling more "normal"...funny how as humans we don't notice something until a "certain" day. In my case, it's pouring rain and has been for a couple days. Maybe I just changed my habits without knowing that I always shut them off myself. Feeling a bit silly. Have had at least one car that did complete the cycle. was nice. Odd that in modern cars we can set the radio and lights to stay on, but we don't power the wipers to complete. No biggie, just a peculiarity.

No further investigation needed, you've been of help, folks.

Thanks!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I had a 1976 Cutlass Supreme that would cycle the washers back to "home" even after you stopped the engine. They kind of retracted under the hood.

·
Registered
580 Posts
2015, Latitude. Cold weather package.

Is it just today that I noticed the wipers do not return to their resting place if "on" when you stop the engine and remove the key? Most cars cycle them back down automatically, and today I noticed this....wondering if everyone has it this way? (or did software go nuts again in a different way...seems like everything is software based.) Perhaps I just never noticed this, but..it sure makes the car look like it has "issues" ....leaving wipers UP when parked.
The solution would be to turn the wipers off before killing the engine.

Personally, I prefer shutting down everything else before shutting the engine off. Not a fan of sitting surrounded by a jingling and jangling carnival when I turn on the engine.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
The solution would be to turn the wipers off before killing the engine.

Personally, I prefer shutting down everything else before shutting the engine off. Not a fan of sitting surrounded by a jingling and jangling carnival when I turn on the engine.
I also do that. Nowt worse than dry wipers squeaking on a dry windscreen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.