Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight when I was driving my 2015 Jeep Renegade I noticed that both the fuel and temperature gauges were flashing when they were illuminated . The was a half a tank of gas in the tank and the temperature was well within the normal range. Is this normal? If it is I don't recall noticing it before. Thanks?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
. . . Is this normal? . . .
I don't think so. I never saw that in mine. I would do two things. First, get a video of it so when you take it to the dealer, you have proof of the problem (just in case it doesn't do it when you take it in).

Second, check all the electrical connections. There have been reports on here ranging from a loose battery connection to certain connectors not fully seated.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Tonight when I was driving my 2015 Jeep Renegade I noticed that both the fuel and temperature gauges were flashing when they were illuminated . The was a half a tank of gas in the tank and the temperature was well within the normal range. Is this normal? If it is I don't recall noticing it before. Thanks?
My wife's cherokee had a similar issue. The service dept foreman told me that in the new FCA vehicles, this is a sign that one or more of the modules have lost communication with one another. Usually bad/crushed harnesses or module failure.

In my wife's it meant a new head unit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think so. I never saw that in mine. I would do two things. First, get a video of it so when you take it to the dealer, you have proof of the problem (just in case it doesn't do it when you take it in).

Second, check all the electrical connections. There have been reports on here ranging from a loose battery connection to certain connectors not fully seated.

My wife's cherokee had a similar issue. The service dept foreman told me that in the new FCA vehicles, this is a sign that one or more of the modules have lost communication with one another. Usually bad/crushed harnesses or module failure.

In my wife's it meant a new head unit.

Thanks to you both. Of course, this morning all is normal on the gauges. Regardless I'm going to contact the dealership service department to report the possible glitch and continue to monitor the gauges.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keep us posted if this happens again, Irishcopper. I would definitely follow bwbike's suggestion of getting it on video so you can show your direct concern to the dealership.
This is the latest on the fuel and temperature gauges flashing. They were trouble free since my last post until this evening. I didn't take the Renegade to the dealership service department because it seemed pointless since the flashing stopped. Tonight the gauges began to flash again. In addition a green light with an "A" and circular arrow surrounding it lit up on the tachometer. The left turn signal also remained on in spite of my efforts to shut it off. Both exterior left and right turn signals in the front and in the rear worked. I called the dealership tonight and they said "I haven't seen that one yet. Can you bring it in tomorrow?" I made an appointment and of course by the time I got home everything was normal. I attached a photo of the gauges.

Attachments

·
Registered
367 Posts
Not much help, but it certainly sounds like a module/communications failure.
FYI, that green 'A' with the arrow is the auto stop/start. Don't think you get that over there, so it shouldn't be illuminated under any circumstances.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not much help, but it certainly sounds like a module/communications failure.
FYI, that green 'A' with the arrow is the auto stop/start. Don't think you get that over there, so it shouldn't be illuminated under any circumstances.
Thanks for the feedback. When I take my Renegade to the dealership service department I'll let everyone know what their assessment is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.