Jeep Renegade Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
It's called a "running change". Jeep is not the only manufacturer of cars or any other item to do this. Lots of factors come into play. Design not quite right, supplier not ready, blah blah blah.
I can understand some of those happening, but some consistency would be nice. My 2016 TH premium Beats audio has 9 (8 and sub) speakers. Now the Beats premium audio has 6 and a sub. Some THs came with matching wheels on the spare, some didn't. The rubber cover for the fuel door is not there, then it is, then it seems to be gone again. Some users can use the armrest usb to play media, some can only charge with it, and no one has been able to figure out why. It has nothing to do with 5.0 vs 6.5 either.

Maybe because this is my first new vehicle and I've been keeping somewhat up to date on things, I am not used to this, but lack of a manufacturer being consistent on the same make, model, and year vehicle drives me nuts and I lose faith in a company like that. If two people order the same options on a vehicle, I would expect that both armrest USBs work as media players, the matching spare is there, and they have the fuel cap/cover. Regardless if they were built a few weeks/months apart. Or maybe it's just because I wanted the matching spare and the armrest to work as media player but didn't get it that is also drives me a bit batty.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I was a little jelly of the vehicles equipped with the supplemental, attached filler cap, so I made one. I know it's not pretty, but nothing there is permanent either.

It's made from a spray cleaner cap, cut down about 1/2 inch, with a couple of pieces of carved foam (from a cushion floor mat). It's held on with some 3M industrial "Velcro".

The foam makes up for the odd angle and allows some compression to hold the cap firmly in place. I can see it lining up with the filler just before the door closes. I know it's not completely dust tight, but I figure it might help keep some sand/debris out of the filler neck.

Looking at the door design a little closer (while I was working on this), the area on the vehicle (not the door) appears to have a sealing lip. Upon closer inspection, the lip does not actually contact the door.

I probably paint the whole thing black just make it look a little better.
I like the MacGyver method..Paint can cap worked ... added a loop so I could hang it while filling up

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
I had bought a 2015 TH that I traded in for a 2016 Limited and until I filled the gas tank the first time in the Limited I didn't know that there is suppose to be the rubber cap attached to the door that goes over the filler hole when you close the door. I would have never known and it never caused me any problems. Or was the rubber cap add to the 2016?
What was your reason for going from a TH to a Limited just a year apart?

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is disheartening...I really want to like this car...I want to buy one but the fuel pipe should ABSOLUTELY have some type of cap over it. My 2014 Charger does and it is there for a reason. The Renegade fuel door alone does not make even a remotely adequate seal to keep water out. Between this, the AC drip flooding, the leaky windshield, 4x4 electrical issues and transmission grinding at 30mph..the car seems half baked.. I do want to buy a Renegade...but right now my other car..a 2004 Grand Cherokee with 100,000 miles with a sketchy transmission and ABS problems seems much more dependable.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
782 Posts
I had to learn basic Italian just to survive, especially living "on the economy" for three years and three months with an Italian landlord. In addition, eighty percent of the workforce only spoke Italian and very little English. Besides, the Italians were very happy and supportive that an American was making an attempt to learn their language. Va Bene!

By the way, kevinfourlegs, I have also been to Wales but never lived there. There's a Welsh flag dragon emblem sticker on the back of my Suzuki X-90. For what it's worth, my wife has quite a few members from her ancestry that boarded the ship in Swansea and immigrated to America.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Sorry to hear that, and sorry to go off-topic, but did they check for the pinched wiring harness recall?
I mentioned that I'd heard about some things being crushed during engine installation, but who knows if they checked anything. I never heard of that recall, and would it even be applicable to 2016 models built earlier this year?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I cant believe this thread came up with over 50 posts, really? would rather have the "madcat" back....

Reactions: MadCat
41 - 57 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.