Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and didn't really find a lot. Let's start a new thread specifically about fuel economy. (If one does already exist, please delete this one and point me in the right direction).

Has the 4x4 version of the Renegade had any EPA fuel economy numbers released yet? I'm specifically interested in the "combined" fuel economy figures for the TrailHawk. Has anybody seen any concrete data yet? I want to know if the Renegade can average 25 MPGs.

·
Registered
30 Posts
500L (similar 2WD drivetrain) gets 25/33mpg. I'd expect something similar.

I'm thinking 30-31mpg hwy for 4x4 version as Jeep had already announced all trims will get 30mpg or more hwy.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK well sounds like my thinking is probably pretty close then... combined 25 and highway 30 for the 4x4 models. That would be great.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Sergio just may set mpg at 30 so as to save face with the media and not have to make corrections later with EPA. Better to undercut than over estimate.

·
Registered
194 Posts
how i see it, it will be what ever will keep them on the same play field as the competition or a bit higher. I'm sure they can tune and refine for more MPG's but they can't put all their eggs in one basket so soon.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I think that the smart choice is to under report mpg so that people can be impressed instead of wondering why their car doesn't match up o what's advertised. On the other hand, Sergio is going to want the Renegade's mpg to compete with rivals. If they have to fudge some number then so be it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
One of the youtube videos out there (out of the many I have watched) had a blonde announcer saying that it got 30 miles per gallon highway. I've tried to search for the exact video but can't find which one it was.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I'm just wondering if real world numbers will end up living up to whatever Jeep says the mpg rating is. I'm tired of companies overstating the numbers and then correcting them later after everyone has already bought the vehicle. It seems so shady.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm just wondering if real world numbers will end up living up to whatever Jeep says the mpg rating is. I'm tired of companies overstating the numbers and then correcting them later after everyone has already bought the vehicle. It seems so shady.
Haha oh yeah that happened to Honda with multiple generations of their civic hybrid and changed the official mpg's after losing lots of lawsuits

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The revisions the EPA made to the window stickers a few years ago really helped. My experience has been that the window stickers are usually very accurate now.

·
Registered
318 Posts
My 4x4 Renegade 2.0 l Diesel runs now on an average (controlled with real refill at the gas station) of 7.2 l/100km (last 5358 km) thats about 32.668 mpg Diesel.

I drive 1/3 city and 2/3 Highway at speeds 80 mph

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.