Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I brought my 2017 Latitude in for it's oil change, (I got the package where I get 3 oil changes, 3 tire rotations, 3 car washes and 27 point inspection on each visit), I requested the fuel pump NOT to be replaced as I'm getting great highway mileage, my highway best so far was just over 38 mpg. I didn't want to replace the pump as the conditions that have to exist for the recall "issue" do not occur in flat-as-a-pancake Houston and I didn't want to risk losing the mileage I'm getting.

They said no problem, I can get it replaced any time I want.

At hour 3 in the dealership, I asked what's taking so long. I was told they are replacing my fuel pump. I said I told them I didn't want it done. She said it was a recall, they HAD to do it. I said, "MY car, MY decision !". She looked at me and said, "Nope. We have to. They are almost done.".

I was angry, but what choice did I have ? Demand they put to old pump back in ?

Now, the whiny rant for this: Has anyone had the pump replaced on recall and have they noticed any positive/negative results ? I haven't driven long enough to come to any judgements yet.

·
Registered
613 Posts
It sounds to my like they HAD to get paid. And pretty much lied to you, to get it done.
You didn't have to pay them, but FCA did, so they still made money.
Getting the Recall taken care of is a good thing; lying to you to get it in for repairs isn't.
I don't think that you should notice any difference in fuel mileage with your new fuel pump. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
November 2, 2018 — A Jeep Renegade recall has been issued for more than 21,000 flex-fuel E85 SUVs equipped with 2.4-liter engines. this link says flex fuel....https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2018/jeep-renegade-recall-fuel-pump-failures.shtml

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Everyone's right. The recall didn't effect ALL Rene's, just a select few of which I was a member... I was notified by mail, by email and even by the Jeep app on my phone. I kept doing the old Dana Carvey SNL line when he impersonated Daddy Bush, "Nope, not gonna happen. Not at this juncture." (for those that can remember that....). Well, the dealer showed ME ....

But to put a positive spin on it; my Latitude now has a little over 62k on it. With a totally free brand new fuel pump. So I got that going for me.

What eased the ouch even more was the work order. If I had to pay for the pump, it was 500 smackers !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts