Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
My new renegade trailhawk when filled only to the full line stalls out when you are a street light or just idling and as you drive feels like is not getting fuel by surging once in awhile while. Once the fuel goes below the full line then it works fine. I Took it back to the dealer and they say because it's so new they have not had this problem and there suggestion was just don't fill it. Not acceptable not to be able to fill your brand new vehicle. Has anyone come across this problem? :(

·
Registered
285 Posts
My new renegade trailhawk when filled only to the full line stalls out when you are a street light or just idling and as you drive feels like is not getting fuel by surging once in awhile while. Once the fuel goes below the full line then it works fine. I Took it back to the dealer and they say because it's so new they have not had this problem and there suggestion was just don't fill it. Not acceptable not to be able to fill your brand new vehicle. Has anyone come across this problem? :(
I've not read of anyone having this problem. Just to confirm that you're not "topping off" the tank on a re-fuel? It almost sounds like a vacuum build up in the tank. If not, it could be a faulty fuel pump or fuel flow sensor.

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Couple of related thread posts - but sorry, they don't really get specific or tell of an outcome.

[url="http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/forum/305-transmission/15809-my-new-renegade-needs-new-transmission-6.html#post191025"/]Post 1[/url]

Post 2

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, we only filled it until it shut itself off. I see in someone else's messages that they have had the same trouble and found that the vent hose on theirs was disconnected from the fuel pump. I have contacted the
dealer and it is going in on Wednesday for them to check this for me. Hoping this will cure my renegades problem too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: the vent hose was disconnected from the fuel pump and the cause of my fueling problem. Once they had it connected we filled her up and hurray no more stalling, surging while driving and sounds much better while idling. Hard to believe that these things happen at the factory but this is proof. If you are buying a Renegade have them check this before leaving the dealer and save yourself the grief. Thanks to this forum for helping me solve this problem! Happily rolling along now!

·
Registered
89 Posts
jtjt, the fuel pump is on top of the gas tank under the rear driver's seat, you'll have to take the seat out, take the cover off, and visually inspect the hose. If the hose is indeed disconnected, you can slip it back on by hand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.