Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone helps me with an advice. I have found the fuse f blow for lombar adjustment button driver seat.
Every time when I replace the fuse that f.... blows again. I have remove the button I've checked, cleaning but still the same.
I can mention that I still have issues with the auto trasmision and I am wondering if those are connected?!?!
Thank you all

·
Super Moderator
3,460 Posts
If you can't bring it to the dealer you can try to bump the fuse up 5. if it is a 10 amp bump it to a 15 amp for a temporary fix. But I would get that short fixed before it causes a bigger problem.
The trans has nothing to do with the seat.
Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried all abobe didn't work all fuses blow up to 15 amps including the dealer lift up shoulders 🤯😤😤😤🤯🤯

·
Registered
601 Posts
You say the fuse blows every time? Right away? If so, you are in luck! Intermittent problems are much harder to troubleshoot. Buy a box of fuses and start breaking down the circuit into sections so you can identify the portion that has the problem.
Questions to answer - in no particular order (for yourself - as I don't really care):
  • Does the fuse blow immediately after it is installed?
  • Do you need to operate the switch to blow the fuse?
  • Do you need to operate the switch in a particular direction to blow the fuse?
  • Will the fuse blow if the door harness is disconnected?
  • Will the fuse blow if the switch is unwired?
  • Will the fuse blow if the switch is partially wired? Which wires?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You say the fuse blows every time? Right away? If so, you are in luck! Intermittent problems are much harder to troubleshoot. Buy a box of fuses and start breaking down the circuit into sections so you can identify the portion that has the problem.
Questions to answer - in no particular order (for yourself - as I don't really care):
  • Does the fuse blow immediately after it is installed?
  • Do you need to operate the switch to blow the fuse?
  • Do you need to operate the switch in a particular direction to blow the fuse?
  • Will the fuse blow if the door harness is disconnected?
  • Will the fuse blow if the switch is unwired?
  • Will the fuse blow if the switch is partially wired? Which wires?
Does the fuse blow immediately after it is installed? YESDo you need to operate the switch to blow the fuse? NODo you need to operate the switch in a particular direction to blow the fuse? YES if you press and hold the button in one position and fit the fuse does blow unles I release the button. It also blows it if I hold the button pressed in the opposite position Will the fuse blow if the door harness is disconnected? I DID NOT TRY YETWill the fuse blow if the switch is unwired? NOWill the fuse blow if the switch is partially wired? Which wires? SE ATTACHED PICTURES - WITH THE GRAY AND BROWN DISCONNECTED AND THE SWITCH CONNECTED DOESN'T BLOW IT. BLUE SEEMS TO BE 12V COMING FROM THE FUSE AND BLACK AND BROWN ARE GROUND AND THEY HAVE CONTINUITY BETWEEN EACH OTHER AND WITH ONE OF THE FUSE PINS. THE BLUE ONE HAS CONTINUITY WITH THE OTHER PIN OF THE FUSE WHEN THE FUSE IT IS DISCONNECTED

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Sorry Eugen but once I took my time to read and change the format of your reply it made sense and I could follow what you are meaning so please do not be offended as no offence is intended. The colour option has only recently been added but what a difference it can make.

ps> Capital letters are known and understood as a form of shouting which should be avoided . Additionally it makes posts look quite messy.

I also understand that this is not a literacy contest to produce a well written novel but a little clarity assists the reader 😳

Does the fuse blow immediately after it is installed? YES
Do you need to operate the switch to blow the fuse? NO
Do you need to operate the switch in a particular direction to blow the fuse? YES

If you press and hold the button in one position and fit!!! the fuse does blow unless I release the button. It also blows it if I hold the button pressed in the opposite position.

Will the fuse blow if the door harness is disconnected? I have not tried that
Will the fuse blow if the switch is unwired? NO
Will the fuse blow if the switch is partially wired? Which wires?

See attached pictures- With the gray and brown disconnected and the switch connected it doesn't blow. Blue seems to be 12v coming from the fuse. Black and brown are ground, they have continuity between each other and with one of the fuse pins.

Blue has continuity with the other pin of the fuse when the fuse is disconnected :unsure:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi puddlesplasher, thank you for rewriting... I feel like in the first years of school and learning from the best.
It is easy to put everything in ordered when you are behind the PC or laptop.
I hope someone will give me a solution to my problem with this Renegade as I fill I loose my mind and I will change opinion about this brand... It is the first car in my live which gives me so many headackes

·
Registered
601 Posts
I can't follow the troubleshooting logic:

The first question, "Does the fuse blow immediately after it is installed?", was answered with a "Yes". A 'yes' answer to that question tells me that the switch does not need to be manipulated in order to have the fuse blow. Is this true?

The second question's answer of "No" follows along those lines and makes sense. If the fuse blows immediately the operation of the switch has no bearing on the fault.

But then... "Do you need to operate the switch in a particular direction to blow the fuse?" was answered with a "Yes". That makes no sense based on the other two previous responses.

It is difficult to help troubleshoot remotely (without knowing the circuit at all) with inconsistent observations.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Eugen, I do feel for you but I am sure there will be a solution and you are quite correct that it is easy to amend comments on the PC. Phew, try it on a phone.

I am not an auto electrician but from what I am reading RS knows their electrical work. Bear with RS and I am sure there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

How about a broken wire inside the insulation of the wiring harness that is not visible to the naked eye? That could be a possibilty and it happened to another member of the forum as they searched for the answer to why their rear window wouldn't operate. It's a distinct possibility and could be a solution but it was the garage that diagnosed fault :cry:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts