Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two dash cams with motion detection. need to install a constant power device with a battery saver (so if the battery gets down to 12.2 volts, will cut off power) plus a 3-outle cigar outlet. Can mechanic use the Body Computer Fuse center? Is there an open fuse to add / use in there? Also, adding a super loud Stebel Nautilus Compact airhorn with a plug-n-play wiring harness -- engine compartment fuse -- which one can I use?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
one for the front windshield. One for the back window. year ago December, left my mini van in handicapped parking in the parking garage on the 3rd floor right by the elevators. was gone for less than an hour. when I got home, I noticed rightaway someone hit and run my rear bumper. (Security camera at the garage had been accidently facing the ceiling after it had been cleaned, so no security video.) So I want two dash cams with power at all times; they record when motion is detected or when a slight movement of camera (i.e. someone bumps the car.)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I will be using an "add a circuit" fuse tap to F94 15 amp power socket fuse holder or F2 20amp audio in the rear fuse holder (if available).

With the add a circuit fuse taps there is no ssplicing or alteration to your electrical system. Safest way to add a 12v accessory.

To power the dash cameras can buy a 12v to USB step down. I am using a 12v 4 port USB charging station that I modified to power the cams and gps

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the response. Trying to find a mechanic who can understand what I want, and can do this for me without breaking the bank. I will print out your suggestion for the mechanic.

am waiting to see if anyone else may respond to my post???

·
Super Moderator
3,597 Posts
thanks for the response. Trying to find a mechanic who can understand what I want, and can do this for me without breaking the bank. I will print out your suggestion for the mechanic.

am waiting to see if anyone else may respond to my post???
You might do better hitting up a reputable stereo install shop. Installing aftermarket electric things into the OEM wiring is kind of what they do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.