Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. So, I have a 2015 Rene limited FWD. All I want to know is, is it possible to convert it to 4x4? If so, what would I need to do and roughly how much would it cost? I know a lot of it is electrical and it'll probably be a pain, but I couldn't afford the 4x4 but I really wanted it. Any help or input is greatly appreciated thanks guys.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hey guys. So, I have a 2015 Rene limited FWD. All I want to know is, is it possible to convert it to 4x4? If so, what would I need to do and roughly how much would it cost? I know a lot of it is electrical and it'll probably be a pain, but I couldn't afford the 4x4 but I really wanted it. Any help or input is greatly appreciated thanks guys.
It's not practical first is the cost is more and trouble of all the electronics associated with it.
I think you are nuts even to think about this idea.
It's more favorable to trade it into a 4x4.

·
Super Moderator
3,388 Posts
Step one go to dealere.
Step two, say you would like to trade it in.
Step three buy a 4wd version.

That's the only viable way.

The next most viable way:

Rip out all the dirveline end electronics.
Put body on as a shell on top of a body on frame off roader. Effectively converting a wrangler or truck chassis into a renegade monster truck type setup.
Spend much money getting it emissions testable and street legal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, can't trade it in, not for a couple years at least. It was a gift from my grandparents. Plus don't have the money to pay the difference. So I guess I'll wait. Thanks guys

·
Registered
681 Posts
Plus don't have the money to pay the difference.
I suspect the cost of converting it to 4x4 would be more than the cost of a trade up difference anyway - unless you were prepared and able to do a Roadkill type job on it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I know this is an OLD thread but I am curios as to just how difficult this project would be. Besides a different transmission, a driveshaft and rear gearbox with axles and associated electronics what else would be necessary to make this conversion hypothetically. I am not trading my Rene in nor will I be performing this conversion, However I would like some Jeep Renegade loving enthusiast to talk shop with.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
You could try contacting Jeep and asking for a detailed analysis on how their factory build a Jeep Renegade 4x4 though I think they would imagine you were merely taking the "micky" and not being serious.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I know this is an OLD thread but I am curios as to just how difficult this project would be. Besides a different transmission, a driveshaft and rear gearbox with axles and associated electronics what else would be necessary to make this conversion hypothetically. I am not trading my Rene in nor will I be performing this conversion, However I would like some Jeep Renegade loving enthusiast to talk shop with.
That's the essentials of it... Replace pretty much everything for the drive train. Swap a 4x4 ECU. Add interior controls for 4wd selection. It's a GIANT job. I don't know any enthusiast that would waste the time and money required. You can grab a used Trailhawk for under 14k.

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Cheaper just to buy a Renegade with 4WD.

... now to mention easier and programming requirements.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts