Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seem like my gas filler neck has a restriction. I can only pull the trigger on the nozzle about a quarter of the way or fuel splashes back up and shuts it off. I have tried different angles, pushing down, pulling up but nothing helps. Even been to different stations/different pumps. I can fill my F150 up from empty twice in the time it takes to fill this little Jeep. anybody else having this problem?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Seem like my gas filler neck has a restriction. I can only pull the trigger on the nozzle about a quarter of the way or fuel splashes back up and shuts it off. I have tried different angles, pushing down, pulling up but nothing helps. Even been to different stations/different pumps. I can fill my F150 up from empty twice in the time it takes to fill this little Jeep. anybody else having this problem?
I had this happen once the first time i filled up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nick I filled that Rene up today and spun that nozzle every which way I could and had the same result. If I don't have to take the fender liner out, I'll check the filler hose for twists or kinks. If the liner needs removed, which I figure it will, then the dealership can deal with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having difficulty filling up my tank (2017) every time now. Tried various gas stations so after thinking it was them brought vehicle in for oil change today and addressed it. They say it could be the inlet check valve. I have an appointment for 3/24/20 to address it. I have Renaud disease and can get frostbite easily so disappointing that jeep knowingly this issue has been ongoing for a few years and no recall

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I am having difficulty filling up my tank (2017) every time now. Tried various gas stations so after thinking it was them brought vehicle in for oil change today and addressed it. They say it could be the inlet check valve. I have an appointment for 3/24/20 to address it. I have Renaud disease and can get frostbite easily so disappointing that jeep knowingly this issue has been ongoing for a few years and no recall
Welcome to the forum. I hope they fix the gas problem.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
We regret to hear of these concerns, Deerushforth. We do recommend moving forward with the appointment at your dealer to address this. If you need any assistance while working with them, please send us a private message.

Kate
JeepCares

·
Registered
2021 Renegade Latitude
2 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2021 Latitude. I thought it was a one time thing the first time i refueled, but it’s been happening everytime i refuel and i’ve tried different angles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.